Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
You can obtain results without having to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cornbread with ham, onions and tomatoes recipe. You can have cornbread with ham, onions and tomatoes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes:
- Prepare 1/2 pound of smoked ham.
- Take 1/4 cup of lard.
- Take 15 ounces of canned diced tomatoes with their juices.
- Use 1-1/2 tablespoons of chives.
- Get 1 tablespoon of green onion.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- Take 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of double acting baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Take 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper.
- Take 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Instructions to make Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes:
- Get the ham that has the least amount of white streaks in it. Remove the white tough membrane. Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mince the ham..
- Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and salt. Add the tomato and its juices. Then finally stir in the water..
- Heat the lard it will smoke, it will burn, if you're not careful. Spoon in a clump and fry. Turn often or it will char. Pile them on a paper towel till all are done. I hope you enjoy!!.
If you find this Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.