Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Momma's Shepards Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Momma's Shepards Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Momma's Shepards Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to momma's shepards pie recipe. You can cook momma's shepards pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Momma's Shepards Pie:
- Take 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 small of onion diced.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Use 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- Use 6 of potatos, boiled and mashed.
- Use 1/4 cup of grated parmasean cheese.
- Take 1 of granulated garlic to taste.
- Get 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, I prefer Lea and Perrins!.
- Provide 1 tbsp of horseradish, the spicier the better.
- Use 1 of butter chunks for top.
- Get 1 cup of or more of frozen corn.
Instructions to make Momma's Shepards Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Put chopped onion and carrots in pan and soften for 2-3 minutes then add ground beef and brown thoroughly..
- Turn off heat and add peas to pan and mix through.Add in Worcestershire sauce and mix well again..
- After potatos are boiled and mashed, add in parmasean, garlic and horseradish and mix through very well..
- In a 8×8 or 9×9 casserol dish start layering your pie by putting your meat mix in first and gently press down..
- Layer in enough frozen corn to cover the top of meat so that its all hidden and press down again..
- Now layer in your wonderful potato mix and press down with the back of a large spoon to make dimples in the top..
- Place small chunks of butter or marg in the dimples add a light sprinkle of parmasean on top and put in oven uncovered for about 45 minutes or 'til lightly browned on top..
- Serve with a crisp side salad and fresh crusty bread!!! Enjoy!!.
If you find this Momma's Shepards Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.