Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
You can obtain results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes at once. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. In time, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's steak, ale and mustard pie recipe. To cook sig's steak, ale and mustard pie you need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie:
- Get 700 gr of best stewing steak, cubed.
- Get 250 gr of red onions, chopped.
- Provide 500 ml of very dark ale or stout.
- Take 3 of knorr type beef stock cubes or 1-2 oxo type cubes, to taste.
- Get 6 cloves of smoked garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of French mustard.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of creamed horseradish.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- Take to taste of Salt, optional.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a little cold milk or water.
- You need 350 gr of shortcrust pastry.
- Get 350 gr of puffpastry (or 700 gr shortcrust in total).
- Use 1 of whisked egg.
- Use of for shortcrust pastry.
- Use 250 gr of plain flour.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 115 gr of butter/ cold cubed.
- Take 6 tablespoons of cold water.
Steps to make Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie:
- Chop the meat into inch big cubes. Heat pan, sear the meat, add the onion..
- Either add into a slow cooker or cook over a long time on low temperature on stove top, add a little of the ale in pot on stove. This may foam up but will settle quickly. For cooking in slow cooker add a little of the ale into pan to get all the searing flavour of the bottom of pan then add this into the slow cooker with the meat. Either way add the rest of the ale and all the other ingredients except the salt and pastry. Only add the salt towards the very end for taste if needed..
- When the meat is almost falling apart turn of the slow cooker or the pot on the stove. Pour all the sauce into a small sauce pan, boil until reduced by half. Mix cornflour with about 3-4 level teaspoons of cold milk or water as desired add to the sauce to make a thick gravy. Add to the meat, let it cool down, or pastry might get soggy..
- You can make your own pastry or use shop bought pastry either is fine. Line the bottom of your pie dish with rolled out shortcut pastry, then egg wash the edges before you top with puff pastry or just shortcrust pastry.
- Crimp the pastry over and egg wash the pastry. Bake pie in preheated oven at 180 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until crispy golden brown. Enjoy.
- For the shortcrust pastry as it is easiest put the flour into a big bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that looks like breadcrumbs, there should be no lumps of butter left in the mix. Make sure it does not become to greasy..
- Add water just a little at a time to start binding the dough together. Then wrap the dough in kitchen wrap / cling film and put it into the fridge for about 20 minutes. Then roll out onto a lightly floured board as needed..
If you find this Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.