Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cherry Dr. Pepper Glazed City Ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cherry Dr. Pepper Glazed City Ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Vitality.
We all know that consuming healthy foods can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A piece of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning hours. Eating on the run can be more healthy with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cherry dr. pepper glazed city ham recipe. To cook cherry dr. pepper glazed city ham you only need 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cherry Dr. Pepper Glazed City Ham:
- Provide 1 of smoked, non-spiral cut city ham.
- Provide 1/4 cup of whole grain mustard.
- Provide 1/2 cup of cherry preserves.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry red wine.
- Use 1 cup of Dr. Pepper.
- Take 1 Tsp of ground black pepper.
- Get 2 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Instructions to make Cherry Dr. Pepper Glazed City Ham:
- Begin several hours in advance, by putting the ham (still shrink wrapped) in a bucket and covered with hot water and let sit for an hour or so. Replace the hot water when warm, and let sit for another few hours. This is to raise the internal temp of the ham and reduce cooking time later without drying the ham out. If you have soux vide set up, heat the water to 115°F and skip to step 5..
- Turn your oven (or smoker) to 250°F.
- When the ham is uniformly warm (use your temperature probe: ~ 70F – 80F or so), remove from water and plastic. Rinse ham and discard the pad covering the bone. Make thin cuts on the ham fat in the pattern of a diamond. This helps the ham stay flat while cooking, instead of curling up, and makes for easy removal of the fat later on when it's glazed..
- Put the warm ham in an oven bag, and stick your temperature probe into the center of the ham but not touching the bone. Place the hame on a baking tray cut side down. Bake until the internal temperature of the ham is about 115 F. If you want an extra smoky ham "double smoked," do this step in a smoker without the bag..
- While the ham is cooking, mix the cherry preserves, merlot, and Dr. Pepper in a blender and blend until the cherries are not chunky. Be carefull as the Dr. Pepper will foam up when blended. Put the mixture in a small sauce pot, add 2 Tbsp brown sugar and black pepper, and stir over medium-low heat until reduced at least by half, or until syrupy..
- Take the ham out of the oven (about 1-2 hours later), remove from bag, and place on a baking pan, or roasting pan cut side down. Remove the fat diamonds and excess fat from the ham. Brush or spread the mustard on the ham, and then rub (careful because it's hot) the 1/2 cup brown sugar over the ham and mustard..
- Increase the oven (or a grill/smoker) to 300°F.
- Place the ham in the oven or grill and let the sugars begin to caramelize..
- As the sugars caramelize, baste with the glaze and further caramelize the sugars until the internal temperature reaches 120-130°F near the bone. Remember, hams are already cooked, so you're just reheating it, fancy-like..
- Remove the ham and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice in large sections, and cut the sections into smaller slices..
If you find this Cherry Dr. Pepper Glazed City Ham recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.