Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This can be a problem, however, with regards to eating between snacks. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
If you’re not hypersensitive to nuts, try having some almonds! Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they are packed full of ingredients that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Almonds really are a natural way to obtain B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey that causes drowsiness, is found in almonds. But once you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you need to sleep a while. These nuts loosen up the muscles and provide a general sense of relaxation. Occasionally eating almonds could even be a mood increaser!
You will not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan spiced chicken with sumac and date couscous recipe. You can cook moroccan spiced chicken with sumac and date couscous using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous:
- Use 4 of chicken breasts, thickly sliced across the grain of the meat.
- Get 1 tsp of ground Cinnamon.
- Use 2 tsp of ground Cumin.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Chilli flakes, or equivalent.
- Get 2 tbsp of Garlic oil or 2 Garlic cloves crushed and 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of Sumac (optional).
- Take 1 tsp of Harissa (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Honey, warmed until runny.
- Get 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Provide 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Take 1/2 pt of hot stock.
- Get Half of a pack of green Beans, cut into pieces.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Take 4 handfuls of couscous.
- Get of Rind and juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 handful of chopped dates (optional) Raisins or Sultanas also work well.
- Take 1 tsp of Sumac (optional).
- Use 1/2 tsp of Chilli flakes or similar equivalent.
- Take 1 tsp of Dried parsley.
- Get 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Provide of Salt, Pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh Parsley, chopped.
- Use of Toasted Almond flakes (optional, we don’t use these due to a nut allergy in the family).
Steps to make Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous:
- Mix the cumin, cinnamon, sumac, harissa, garlic oil or garlic and oil, lemon juice, honey and chilli flakes together in a bowl. Place chicken into the spice mix and coat each piece thoroughly. Put aside to marinate..
- Put the lemon rind, juice, olive oil, cumin, sumac, dates or dried fruit, chilli flakes and dried parsley into a pudding bowl. Add couscous and mix together. Pour boiling water over the couscous until it is about half a centimetre above the level of the couscous. Stir with a fork and set aside in a warm place to swell..
- Heat a large frying pan and add some vegetable oil to lightly coat the surface. Add the pieces of marinated chicken and cook without moving the pieces for a few minutes until well browned, almost charred. Turn over and repeat the process. Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding which will cause the chicken to boil and become tough and pallid. It’s also very important NOT to move meat around when cooking otherwise it won’t brown properly..
- Once the chicken is all cooked, return it all to the pan and add the hot stock and stir to de-glaze the pan, followed by the tomatoes. Stir and bring to a simmer..
- Lightly boil the beans in salted water in a separate pan until all dente..
- Add the beans to the chicken and stir. Cook for 20 minutes on a low / medium heat to reduce the sauce. Check flavour and season..
- Zap the couscous in the microwave for 1 minute if it’s got too cool..
- Serve the chicken and couscous along with a sprinkling of chopped Parsley. A few toasted Almond flakes makes a good addition if you have them. We always have some extra green veg with ours for added nutrients..
If you find this Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.