Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Hot Cross Buns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most probably purchase many items out of habit. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. To make hot cross buns you need 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Use of (for buns).
- Get 1 of egg beaten.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Take 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ginger.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 4 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- Provide 3 1/2 Tbsp (50 g) of unsalted butter, melted.
- Get 3/4 cup of + 3 Tbsp (225ml) warm milk.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- Provide 3 3/4 cups (450 g) of flour.
- You need 3/4 cup (120 g) of raisins, soaked in hot water.
- Use of (for cross dough).
- Use 1/2 cup (60 g) of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take 5 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare of (for dorure: optional).
- Use 1 of egg beaten.
- Take pinch of salt.
- Use of (for syrup: optional).
- Get 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of hot water.
Steps to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Place first 9 ingredients (from the egg to instant dry yeast) in a mixing bowl and combine well. Warm milk, about body temperature works well, but not too hot..
- Add flour into the bowl in several batches and mix the dough just until it comes together..
- Put the dough into a plastic bag and knead until it becomes smooth and glossy, about 4-5 mins..
- Drain the water from raisins and add into the bag. Knead until they are spread evenly in the dough..
- Let the dough rise in a warm place until it comes twice as big, about 1 hour. I used my heating pad under the bag!.
- Devide the dough into 12 even pieces and make balls. Put them on your baking tray and let them rise another 1 hour until they become twice as big again. I covered them with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out..
- While you are waiting, make the dough for the crosses and dorure. Place flour, sugar and water in a mixing bowl and combine well until it becomes smooth. Put it into a small plastic bag..
- Place egg and salt in a small bowl, mix well and strain..
- Preheart your oven to 350°F/175 ℃..
- When your buns have risen, make the crosses on them. Cut a corner of the small bag, and squeeze the dough on the buns..
- Brush the dorure on the buns and put them in your oven. Bake for 20 mins..
- While you are baking the buns, make the syrup. Place sugar and hot water in a small bowl, and microwave 1 min..
- When the buns are done, brush on the syrup while they are still hot. Let them dry..
- Serve warm. Enjoy just by themselves, or with butter, preserves, coffee, milk tea, or whatever you like :).
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.