Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked mackerel pate and scandi platter recipe. To make smoked mackerel pate and scandi platter you need 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter:
- Prepare 2 of smoked mackerel fillets.
- Take 30 of ml/2 tbsp cream cheese.
- Get 5 of –10ml/1–2 tsp creamed horseradish.
- Get of juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- You need of black pepper.
- Provide of cayenne pepper, to garnish.
- Provide of serving suggestions: serve with smoked salmon, gravadlax, soused herring, potted shrimp or dressed crab, Scandinavian crisp breads or little rounds of toasted French bread, and potato salad if you wish.
Steps to make Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter:
- Peel the skins from the mackerel fillets and discard, then flake the flesh into a mixing bowl, discarding bones as you do so. Add the cream cheese and horseradish, half the lemon juice, all of the zest and a good grinding of black pepper..
- Using a fork, mash the fish into the cream cheese until well combined, and you have achieved the texture you prefer, keep going for a really smooth pâté..
- Taste, and add more lemon juice, pepper or horseradish if needed. Cover and refrigerate for 1–2 hours. Lay out the smoked salmon and other seafood on a large plate, add bowls of pate and serve with crispbread or bread..
If you find this Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.