Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Foods You Pick To Feed On Will Effect Your Health.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any kind of foods you get at a fast food location. You will see that the nutrition in these varieties of is non existent and the unwanted side effects will be really bad. In this posting we are going to be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
You must remember your mother and father telling you to make sure you eat your vegetables, that is simply because this is extremely important for a healthy body. Along with possessing a variety of vitamins and minerals, you will additionally find that some vegetables also provide potassium. As an example, broccoli has a lot of potassium to provide you with your daily recommended allowances. You will additionally find that a salad, made with spinach rather than lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
By following some of the suggestions above you will find that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato and chestnut stuffing / dressing recipe. To cook sweet potato and chestnut stuffing / dressing you only need 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing:
- Take 10-15 of large, fresh chestnuts (250-350 g).
- Provide 1 of medium sweet potato/yam.
- You need 1/2 of large French baguette or a smaller one about 40 cm (it was 200 g by weight).
- Provide 1 stalk of celery.
- Get 1/2 of onion.
- Use 2 Tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of rubbed sage.
- Take 2 tsp of fresh or dry rosemary (optional).
- Provide 240 ml (1 cup) of Vegetable or chicken stock, more if needed.
- Use to taste of salt & pepper.
Steps to make Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing:
- If possible, let the baguette dry out a day in advance. Cut into cubes, put in a try and over with a cloth for 12-24 hours. Alternatively, just dry them out in an oven by spreading the bread cubes out on a baking sheet and baking for 10-15 minutes at 300°F/150°C or until dry. Turn them a couple times during the baking..
- Preheat oven to oven at 400°F/200°C. Cut an X in each chestnut..
- Roast in an oven for 15 minutes. Let cool until you can touch them and then peel and chop. OR you can boil for 20 minutes, drain, let cool and then peel..
- Chop onion and celery into small pieces. Cut the sweet potato into small cubes..
- In a sauce pan or frying pan, melt the butter (or heat olive oil) and saute the sweet potato, celery and onion until soft but not brown..
- Add the chopped sage, rosemary and a couple sprinkles of salt & pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes..
- Add 120 ml (1/2 cup) broth, bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft and the broth is absorbed..
- Put the bread cubes in a bowl and add enough broth to moisten them – about 120 ml (1/2 cup)..
- Add chestnuts then toss with the sweet potato, onion and celery mix..
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Spread everything in a casserole dish or baking pan with sides. If you like your stuffing to be more "juicy" and moist, you may want to add more broth to the pan so there's extra for the bread to soak up..
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until slightly browned at the top..
Two teaspoons of dried parsley flakes Mashed potatoes form the base for this celery and onion flavored dish. Stuffed potatoes are a family favorite recipe that never go out of style. Potatoes are a comfort food favorite that never lets you down, so we've gathered up our favorite stuffed potato recipes that will satisfy your family and delight hungry potato lovers of all kinds. Sweet potatoes, ground pork, and onions with a crunchy nut topping. Either way, there is no doubt that it is one of the most iconic dishes on the holiday table.
If you find this Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.