Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Many of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are bad and to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super healthy and good for you. There are some foods that really can boost your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, you might be amazed to discover, are terrific at combating depression. You need to make sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolks especially, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can be terrific for raising your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that control your mood. Try eating a couple of eggs to jolly up!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Go with these hints instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to quinoa stuffed chicken breast with cream sauce recipe. To make quinoa stuffed chicken breast with cream sauce you only need 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce:
- Provide 4 of jalapenos, deseeded and diced.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic, minced, divided.
- Use of olive oil.
- Provide 3 cups of chicken broth, divided.
- Use 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 15 oz of can of black beans, drained.
- Provide 5 of plum tomatoes, diced, divided.
- Take 15 oz of can of corn.
- Take 1 packet of adobo sazon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oregano, divided.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin.
- Use 4 tbsp of cilantro, diced, divided.
- Provide 400 g of crema or creme fraiche.
- Take 2 of red peppers, diced.
- Use 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Use 10 of skinless chicken breasts.
Instructions to make Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce:
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan. Cook the jalapenos and garlic until fragrant and you get some browning on the garlic..
- Add chicken broth, quinoa, 1/2 of the tomatoes, beans, corns, adobo sazon, oregano, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover and let it cook while you prepare the rest of the meal..
- Combine mexican crema, 2 cups chicken broth, remaining tomatoes, garlic and jalapenos, red peppers, onion, bay leaf, and cayenne in a small sauce pan. Simmer over low heat. This will stay on the heat until the chicken is ready to serve. Preheat oven to 400F(204C)..
- Depending on the size of your chicken this step is tricky. If you have breasts large enough for you to cut a slit through the chicken creating a large pocket on the inside without piercing the outer layer opening your pocket, go for it! If you have small chicken or you're not sure you can go for plan B. Take half of your chicken and use a sharp knife to cut in half, making sure to keep one of the halves intact. These will be your covers. The other five chickens will be your bases. Either way, any meat scraps you have you can go ahead, cute them into 1/2 inch strips and throw into your cream sauce..
- Check the quinoa, all the water should be gone by now and the quinoa should be ready to serve. Remove from heat. Scoop as much quinoa onto one of the whole chicken breasts (about 4 or 5 tbsp). Try to keep as much of the filling in the middle, you're gonna throw one of the half breast on top in a second..
- Cover the quinoa with one of the half breasts. Using toothpick secure the two pieces of chicken with the quinoa inside. This took about 8 toothpicks to keep everything together. I broke the toothpick in half so they wouldn't get in the way when we transfer to the pan..
- Heast 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron pan. When the oil is smoking add as much chicken as you can fit in a single layer in the pan. Let the chicken cook for 6-8 minutes on one side, or when browned to your liking. You can peek using a spatula..
- Flip the chicken (carefully! don't want to throw the quinoa everywhere). Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and cook for about 8 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160F(71C)..
- Remove the chicken from the oven and take the cream sauce off the burner. Now you're ready to serve! Accompany with a side of quinoa and pour crema over everything. Eat up!.
If you find this Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.