Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly healthy and good for us to eat. There are several foods that basically can raise your moods when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Green tea is really good for your mood. You were just anticipating to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is loaded with a particular amino acid called L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental acuity while relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are aware that it helps you to elevate your moods as well!
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gumbo recipe. You can cook gumbo using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Gumbo:
- Take 1 box of Zatarain's gumbo mix with rice.
- Take 6 cups of Water.
- Get 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Provide 2 of Diced potatoes.
- Use 1 tsp of Parsley flakes.
- Provide 2 bags of small, tail-off peeled shrimp (100-150 in each bag).
- Get 2 cups of chicken breast.
- Provide 1 1/2 of Polish sausage.
- You need 2 cups of crab meat.
- You need 2 cups of frozen okra.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red crushed peppers.
- Use 5 of Hardboiled eggs (Optional).
- Provide of Seafood seasoning.
Steps to make Gumbo:
- Add 6 cups of water, 1 cup of chicken broth, eggs, and gumbo mix into a big pot (under low heat).
- After it starts to boil add parsley flakes and bay leaf.
- Make sure to stir frequently to keep your food from sticking.
- Rinse shrimp in cold water for about 5 minutes then sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Add potatoes, crab meat, polish sausage, shrimp, chicken breast, and frozen okra then stir.
- Add red crushed peppers.
- Place a lid on the pot. Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- Enjoy :-).
Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. The secret is in the slow-cooked roux — don't skip it! Serve with white rice for soaking up the rich sauce. This Authentic New Orleans Gumbo is made with a dark roux, vegetables, chicken, sausage, and shrimp, and served over rice. This is a beloved recipe shared with me by a native New Orleanian. gumbo. dervived from the west african word "gombo" for okra; a stew comprised of the holy trinity in cajun/creole cooking (onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes) cajun spices, okra, bay leaves.
If you find this Gumbo recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.