Cooking is a type of art and also there are various kinds of cooking that you might learn. You can become a gourmet chef or you can merely try to understand the art of cooking great dishes within your home. Many work in the work environment use cooks, prep-cooks and managers that also manage chefs. We hope this Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe can aid make you a much better cook.
You can eliminate the garlic odor from your hands by scrubing them for thirty secs on your stainless steel stove prior to cleaning them. Garlic adds a wonderful taste to lots of recipes, yet the apparent smell can remain on your hands. Utilizing this idea, you can enjoy your dinner without your hands scenting strongly of garlic.
You can have Queso Taco Pasta Bake using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Queso Taco Pasta Bake:
- Prepare 8 oz. pasta (I used Radiatore, but any small shape works).
- Provide 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- You need to prepare 1/2 lb. ground beef.
- You need 1 cup black beans (I used canned, drained and rinsed).
- Provide 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1/2 tsp. chili powder.
- Use 1 tsp. cumin.
- Prepare to taste salt and pepper.
- You need to prepare pinch cayenne pepper.
- Provide 4 tbsp. unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup all purpose flour.
- Use 1 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I use a mix of cheddars).
- Prepare 1/2 cup salsa (I used mild, but medium or hot would be good).
- You need to prepare chopped cilantro, for garnish.
Queso Taco Pasta Bake instructions :
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Place on burner with the heat on high and bring to a boil. At the same time, heat the remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet..
- Once water reaches a boil, add your pasta and cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally. About the same time, add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent..
- Add the garlic to the skillet next and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef and cook until completely brown. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- About this time, the pasta should be done. Drain the pasta and return to the pot, removed from the heat..
- Add the black beans and diced tomatoes to the skillet with the beef. Next stir in the seasonings. Remove from heat and scrape the meat and bean mix into the pot with the pasta. Stir lightly to mix..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an oven proof casserole dish and set aside..
- For the queso: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Once melted, add the flour a little at a time, whisking constantly as you add it to form a roux. Once all flour is added, allow the roux to simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly..
- Increase the heat to medium high and slowly begin to whisk in the broth, adding it slowly. Once all the broth is incorporated, allow to come to a simmer. Let simmer, whisking occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until thickened..
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Once it's all melted in, stir in the salsa..
- Stir the queso cheese sauce into the pot with the pasta and meat mix and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese..
- Bake for 5 minutes, then set the oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese begins to turn golden and bubbly..
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Take these Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe ideas as well as utilize them as well as perhaps even experiment while you go to it. The cooking area is an excellent area to try brand-new points with the ideal help.
If you find this Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.