As soon as you understand the fundamentals of cooking, it can be such a freeing and also rewarding experience to produce a merely tasty dish or baked item. The smells in your home and the faces of the people who you share it with are valuable. We hope this Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake dish will certainly provide you some concept for you to end up being a remarkable chef.
Preparation is a really integral part of food preparation. You want to ensure you have every product you may require. You also wish to see to it you have all the products you may need. You do not intend to be in the center of a meal and figure out you are missing out on something essential.
To cook Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake you need 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake:
- Provide 400 g pasta shapes, eg fusilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp rapeseed oil.
- Use 2 leeks, sliced.
- Provide 2 chillies, red or green, chopped with seeds.
- Prepare 4 cloves garlic, chopped.
- Use 50 g butter.
- Use 50 g plain flour.
- You need to prepare 600 ml milk.
- Provide 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- You need to prepare 250 g cheddar cheese, grated.
- Use Salt.
- Prepare Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 x 180g tins tuna in spring water, drained.
- Provide 150 g frozen peas, defrosted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp capers.
- Prepare Handful parsley, chopped.
Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake step by step :
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent, probably 200C or 180C fan. 160C on Circotherm..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the leeks, garlic and chillies, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until cooked. Then remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl..
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water according to instructions to the al dente point, drain it in a colander and add to the mixing bowl, stirring together with the leek mixture..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a moderate heat, then slowly stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring gently..
- Gradually but not too cautiously stir in the milk and continue cooking until you have a thick white sauce. Remove from heat..
- Stir in the mustard and 200-225 g of the cheese. Taste and season as required..
- Add the tuna, peas, capers and parsley to the mixing bowl and pour the white sauce on top. Shake or gently stir to mix all the ingredients together..
- Transfer everything to a lasagne or similar dish and sprinkle on the remaining grated cheese, to cover evenly..
- Cook in pre-heated oven until top is golden-brown - 20-30 minutes. Sprinkle on a little more chopped parsley if wished and serve piping hot..
Since you've gotten to the end of this Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake recipe, now experimenting with recipes and implement it and take pleasure in. You never ever recognize - you just might have found a new occupation.
If you find this Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.