When you recognize the basics of cooking, it can be such a freeing and rewarding experience to develop a simply scrumptious dish or baked thing. The scents in your house and also the faces of the people who you share it with are invaluable. We hope this Sicilian-style penne caponata dish will certainly provide you some idea for you to end up being an extraordinary chef.
You can get rid of the garlic smell from your hands by massaging them for thirty seconds on your stainless steel range prior to washing them. Garlic adds a wonderful taste to numerous recipes, but the distinct smell can stick around on your hands. Utilizing this idea, you can enjoy your dinner without your hands scenting strongly of garlic.
You can cook Sicilian-style penne caponata using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sicilian-style penne caponata:
- You need to prepare 1 Aubergine.
- You need to prepare 1 Red onion.
- Prepare 1 Red pepper.
- Prepare 225 g Sausage meat.
- You need 15 g Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 200 g Penne pasta.
- Provide 30 g Black olives.
- You need to prepare 40 g Hard Italian cheese (grated).
- Prepare 1 Chicken oxo cube.
- You need 100 ml water.
- You need Pinch sugar.
Sicilian-style penne caponata instructions :
- Doing the prep! Pre-heat the oven to 220°C. Chop the aubergine into cubes. Dice the red onion. Slice the red peppers thinly. Put a pan of water on to boil and dont forget to add some salt..
- Put the pepper and aubergine on a baking tray with oil and seasoning and place in oven until soft with a little crispy around edges (15-20mins). Turning veg half way through cooking..
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the sausage meat. Once browned add the onion and keep cooking till onion is softened then add vinegar and cook till almost evaporated..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the chicken oxo cube and 100ml of water. Season and also add a pinch of sugar. Stir together and then let simmer and thicken. (Stir every few mins).
- Mean while add penne to your boiling water. When cooked (12ish mins) drain in colander and return it to pan and add a little oil to prevent them sticking.
- Once aubergine and pepper are ready add to the tomato sauce along with the olives(cut in half or not up to you) and stir together. Add pasta to the caponata and stir and then serve up and add cheese on top.
There are few hobbies as enjoyable and fulfilling as cooking. Not just can you flex your creative muscles, you can likewise give tasty meals for your family members. Increasing your expertise of food preparation is particular to improve your time in the kitchen area. Trying Sicilian-style penne caponata recipe is a wonderful means to do simply that.
If you find this Sicilian-style penne caponata recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.