Looking for the perfect Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Many people enjoy cooking and think it makes the perfect relaxing leisure activity. A kitchen that is loaded with fresh food that scents scrumptious is specific to make any person's mood a bit lighter. It can often seem difficult, though, to pinpoint dishes that benefit you or guidance that causes an eventually successful dish. Maybe this Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is the one you are trying to find.
You can cook Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need of ● For The Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Provide 4 box (32 oz) of Chicken Broth [with sodium- reserve 1].
- Use 3 of large Chicken Breasts [de-thawed & fat trimmed].
- You need to prepare 1 of small White Onion [quartered].
- Provide 2 tsp of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chicken Bouillon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Celery Salt.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of White Pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need 3 of small Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 2 cup of Baby Carrots [halved].
- You need to prepare 1 of small Splash Olive Oil.
- You need 2 cup of Celery [chopped with leaves].
- Use 1 (12 oz) of Bag Wide Egg Noodles.
- Use of ● For The Optional Ingredients.
- Use 1 cup of Fresh Mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Basil.
- Use 1/3 of Cooking Sherry.
- You need 3/4 of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare of Optional Sides.
- Provide 1 box of Croutons.
- You need to prepare 1 loaf of French Bread.
Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup step by step
- Author's Note: Keep chicken separated from other kitchen items and ingredients until boil to avoid any risk of cross-contamination..
- Also, dark chicken meat with the bone in [like that of chicken thighs, etc,.] make for a more flavorful soup. Just pull meat from the bone once they're fully cooked. I used chicken breasts since that's what I had on hand..
- Add everything together in a large pot except for your celery, carrots, noodles, 1 of your 4 boxes chicken broth and anything from the, "Optional Ingredients," category..
- Turn on high and boil for 35 minutes..
- Pull cooked breasts, quartered onions and Bay Leaves from broth. Discard onions and Bay Leaves. * Make certain your breasts are fully cooked and not pink in the middle. If they are, boil longer..
- Place celery and carrots into broth and boil for 15 minutes..
- Add egg noodles to your boiling broth. Boil 8 minutes longer, [or as per your noodle manufacturers recommendations] stirring regularly. There's no need for oil or salt even if recommended by the manufacturer. They're both already in your broth..
- Add shredded chicken. Also, add your reserved box of chicken broth if some or most of your original broth has dissipated. Boil 5 more minutes longer..
- If you find even more fluid is required, especially after refrigerating, just add tap water. There's plenty enough chicken flavor in this soup to add it and not alter the taste..
- Authors Note: You can add croutons to the side or crisp your bread in the oven if anyone's suffering from a scratchy throat..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a handle so it can be eaten while in bed. Also, serve with any absorbent bread of your choosing. Enjoy!.
There is always something new to discover when it involves food preparation as well as every chef's skill-set is open to improvement. This Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is just a couple of recipe ideas to help improve your chef's efficiency. There are a lot more great recipes around as well as good chefs keep searching for them throughout their lives. Continuous knowing is the vital to ever-improving food preparation abilities.
If you find this Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.