If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Stew Fish (Caribbean dish) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Everyone loves the idea of taking a seat to a delicious home-cooked meal, however with today's hectic schedules, it can be more difficult than ever to discover the time to place one with each other. Thankfully, aid is available, the Stew Fish (Caribbean dish) recipe and suggestions in this write-up will help you put together healthier meals for your family members in a remarkably, short time.
You can have Stew Fish (Caribbean dish) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stew Fish (Caribbean dish)
- You need 2 lb of fish (King Fish).
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of black pepper.
- Use 1 medium of onion sliced.
- Provide 1 medium of tomato sliced.
- You need to prepare 1/4 of hot pepper (scotch bonnet or habanero).
- You need 1/4 tsp of hotsauce.
- Use 1/2 tsp of green seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of scallion.
- Prepare 1 of veg oil for frying the fish (about 1-2 cups).
- You need to prepare 1 of flour for dusting the fish for frying (about 1/2 cup).
- Prepare 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- Use 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 3 clove of garlic crushed/sliced.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to prepare 1 of lime or lemon juice.
Stew Fish (Caribbean dish) instructions
- Trim off the fins etc, cut into 1-2 inch pieces and squeeze the lime or lemon juice over it in a bowl and rinse with water (then drain). I kept the head, but to be honest I much prefer to use it for stock or making fish broth. I then season the fish and have it marinate for about 30 minutes or so. In the bowl with the washed fish pieces, add everything except the tomato paste, oil for frying, flour, olive oil and water..
- To help the fish keep it’s shape while stewing and to follow on the traditional way I know of making this dish, we’ll quickly fry the fish pieces. Place the oil to heat in a pan on medium/high heat. Then shake off the seasoned fish pieces (keep the stuff that falls off in the bowl) and roll them in the flour to form a sort of coating. Then add to the hot oil and allow it to cook about 2-3 minutes on each side. Then set aside to drain off any excess oil on paper towels..
- In a fairly wide and deep saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat, then add the tomato, onions, garlic.. etc that the fish was marinating in (scrape the bowl clean). Allow this to cook for a couple minutes (stir), then add the tomato paste (another option if you don’t have tomato paste, is Caribbean style browning – about1/4 teaspoon). Now add the 3/4 cup of water, then gently add in the fish pieces. Give them a gentle stir so the sauce gets to “marry” with the fish pieces and heighten the flavour of the overall dish. Allow this to simmer for about 5 minutes, so the sauce (gravy) can have time to thicken up a bit. Enjoy!.
Now that you have actually gotten to the end of this Stew Fish (Caribbean dish) recipe, now trying out recipes and also execute it as well as delight in. You never ever understand - you just may have located a new occupation.
If you find this Stew Fish (Caribbean dish) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.