If you're looking for Dominican Mangu recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Dominican Mangu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
When you comprehend the essentials of cooking, it can be such a freeing as well as rewarding experience to develop a simply tasty dish or baked thing. The smells in your home and the faces of the people that you share it with are valuable. We hope this Dominican Mangu dish will certainly offer you some concept for you to come to be a remarkable chef.
To make Dominican Mangu you need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dominican Mangu
- Use 4 of unripe green plantains.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion.
- Provide 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Provide 5 cup of water.
Dominican Mangu step by step
- First cut both sides of your plantains and start peeling them. Make sure no black spots from the peel is left on them. Cut them into 1/2 inch pieces..
- Place the 5 cups of water in a stew pot with the cut and peeled plantains at high heat for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Take out the plantains with 1/2 cup of the water they cooked in and start mashing them..
- Add the butter , garlic salt and salt . Mix it in all together until you have a mashed potatoe consistency..
- In a pan add the Olive oil on medium heat with the 1/2 onion diced. When the onion turns translucent add the teaspoon of vinegar with a pinch of salt..
- Finally serve the mangu (plantain mash) with the red onions on top. Enjoy! :).
Take these Dominican Mangu recipe ideas and utilize them and also perhaps even experiment while you are at it. The kitchen area is a great place to attempt new points with the appropriate aid.
If you find this Dominican Mangu recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.