If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Birmingham Balti Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Whether you are a college student just beginning your very own cooking experiments or a skilled chef with numerous dinner events under your belt, there is always something new to learn more about cooking. We hope these Birmingham Balti Chicken Curry recipe and tips can help you in your kitchen tonight, as well as get used to fantastic home-cooked dishes.
You can cook Birmingham Balti Chicken Curry using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Birmingham Balti Chicken Curry
- You need to prepare 300 g of Chicken breast, diced.
- You need 2 of Onions.
- Provide 6 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 80 g of Fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper.
- You need to prepare 400 g of Canned tomatoes.
- You need to prepare 1 of Large tomato, fresh.
- Provide 400 ml of Water.
- Use 8 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of Eggs, hard boiled.
- Provide of * [ spice bag ].
- Prepare 3 of Bay leaves.
- Provide 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- You need to prepare 1 of Star anise.
- You need 2 of small Cloves.
- Use 3 Pieces of mace.
- Prepare 3 of Green cardamom pods.
- Prepare of ** [ spice mix ].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need to prepare 3 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Use 2 tsp of Fenugreek leaves, dried and chopped.
Birmingham Balti Chicken Curry instructions
- There's a lot of ingredients to this recipe. The key is to prepare and measure before so you can cook more simply. Make sure to mix the spices marked ** [ spice mix ] in a bowl well.
- Place the * [ spice bag ] in some gauze netting or loose leaf tea back like I did here and tie/close firmly..
- Roughly chop 1 onion and the 2 peppers and cook in 200ml water. Toss in your spice bag as well as HALF of your cilantro. Move on with the recipe and come back to this in 30 minutes..
- Add 6 cloves garlic and a similar amount of ginger to your processor along with 1 tbsp of water and cut down to a paste. (you can use garlic and ginger paste instead).
- Put 3 tbsp oil in a pan on a high heat and add HALF your garlic and ginger mix. Cook until browned.
- Remove the browned ginger and garlic from the heat and mix in HALF of your ** [spice mix] well..
- Return to the heat and add HALF (200g) of your canned tomatoes, Simmer gently for 10 minutes..
- Go back to your pot from step 3 having left it bubbling for 30 mins, remove the spice bag and then pour into your pan of tomatoes. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- After allowing the mixture to cool a little, pour it into your food processor and pulse a few times and set aside. This is your Balti sauce!!.
- In a fresh pan, brown the rest of your garlic and ginger mix in some oil, add the remaining half of ** [spice mix] and after a minute, 200g of canned tomatoes..
- After about 3 minutes, throw in your diced up chicken pieces.
- And cook on a medium heat until the chicken is just cooked through. About 3 minutes should do it..
- Next, add about 2 ladles of your pureed sauce to the chicken pan and cook for a few more minutes.
- Lastly, add some chopped fresh tomato, cilantro (and optionally a boiled egg in each serving as I did here)..
- Serve over fresh rice and or naan bread and enjoy!.
Now that you have actually gotten to the end of this Birmingham Balti Chicken Curry recipe, currently trying out recipes and execute it as well as appreciate. You never ever understand - you just may have found a new occupation.
If you find this Birmingham Balti Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.