If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Whether you are a college student just beginning your very own culinary experiments or an experienced cook with many dinner parties under your belt, there is always something brand-new to learn more about cooking. We hope these Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe and tips can help you in your kitchen tonight, as well as get used to incredible home-cooked meals.
To cook Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup you need 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1/2 of small sweet onion- diced small.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic- chopped.
- Use 1/2 of jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- You need to prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper-dice small.
- You need 1 cup of tomatoes-diced in juice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- You need to prepare 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Use 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 3-8 inch of flour tortillas - cut into thin strips.
- Provide 2 ears of grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- You need to prepare 12 ounces of cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- Use 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar(to taste after that).
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- You need to prepare 3 tablespoons of cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup instructions
- Add to 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).
You do not require to be a pro to prepare a wonderful dish. There are lots of recipes that look tough as well as frustrating, however are in reality, fairly straightforward among it is Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe. We wish, this recipe has actually instilled some confidence in you for the following time you remain in the cooking area.
If you find this Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.