If you're looking for Chicken Katsu Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Katsu Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
There are several sources of info on cooking. Some details is tailored in the direction of skilled chefs and not for the ordinary individual. It can be puzzling to wade through every one of the offered details. Luckily, this Chicken Katsu Curry recipe is easy to make and will certainly offer you some excellent ideas. They will work for anyone, even a novice.
You can have Chicken Katsu Curry using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Chicken Katsu Curry
- Provide of Katsu sauce.
- You need 300 ml of chicken stock.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need to prepare Splash of soy sauce.
- Use 1 of tspn turmeric.
- Provide 2 tbspn of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 100 ml of coconut milk.
- Use 1 of onion.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 of thumb size piece of ginger.
- Prepare of Drizzle of oil.
- Prepare of Crispy chicken.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- Provide 50 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 g of panko breadcrumbs.
- Provide of Vegetable oil (enough to cover the chicken).
Chicken katsu curry is so simple to make at home. We've balanced this recipe's rich sauce and chicken Chicken Katsu Curry is an absolute favourite - traditionally hailing from Japan, this dish. With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. This popular Japanese chicken katsu curry is easy to make for a low-cost midweek meal.
Chicken Katsu Curry step by step
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger in oil till soft. Then add spices and cook for a few minutes. Add flour and cook for a few mins before gradually adding stock. Then simmer and add coconut milk, sugar and soy sauce. Simmer for a few mins then strain through a sieve so you’re left with a silky smooth sauce. This can be left in the fridge for a few days in an air tight container..
- Cut chicken breasts in half (lengthways) and cover with clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin till they become thin. Then dip the chicken into flour, then into the whisked egg and then coat in panko breadcrumbs. Once covered, fry in hot vegetable oil for a few minutes either side until cooked thoroughly inside and crispy on the outside. The vegetable oil should cover the chicken and will sizzle when cooking. Don’t over cook as it can burn easily..
- Serve hot with the katsu sauce. Best served with Jasmin rice and salad or veggies..
You can prepare the curry sauce in advance, and the strips of chicken are quick to coat and fry up into hot. This is my version of the delicious Japanese katsu curry that they serve at Wagamama. If you always order the katsu curry when you eat out in Japanese restaurants, you'll be surprised to learn how easy it is to make at. In recent years, Ireland has become known as a serious food destination but as a nation who also knows how to have a good time we still have a few dirty food. A quick and easy Chicken Katsu Curry recipe, from our authentic Japanese cuisine collection.
There are few activities as enjoyable and fulfilling as cooking. Not just can you flex your innovative muscles, you can also provide tasty meals for your household. Expanding your understanding of food preparation is particular to improve your time in the kitchen. Trying Chicken Katsu Curry recipe is a fantastic way to do simply that.
If you find this Chicken Katsu Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.