If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
There are numerous resources of info on cooking. Some information is geared in the direction of skilled cooks as well as not for the typical individual. It can be puzzling to wade through every one of the available information. Thankfully, this Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC recipe is easy to make and will certainly provide you some fantastic ideas. They will help anybody, even a beginner.
You can have Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
- You need to prepare 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- Provide 1/4 cup of 1% milk.
- Provide 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- Provide 2 medium of carrots (finely diced).
- Use 2 of ribs celery (finely diced).
- Use 1 small of onion (finely diced).
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Use 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cup of reduced sodium beef broth.
- Use 1 packages of frozen peas (10oz.).
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme.
- Provide 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC instructions
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine...
- preheat oven to 375...
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
Since you have actually reviewed the Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC recipe, and you have the know-how that you need to execute in the kitchen. Get that apron out, dust off your mixing bowls as well as roll up your sleeves. You have some food preparation to do.
If you find this Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.