If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Every person loves the idea of sitting down to a delicious home-cooked dish, however with today's hectic timetables, it can be tougher than ever to locate the moment to put one with each other. Fortunately, help is available, the Shepherds Pie recipe and suggestions in this post will certainly aid you created well balanced meals for your family in a remarkably, short time.
To make Shepherds Pie you only need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- Prepare of Shepherds Meat.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- You need to prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- You need to prepare 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh peas.
- You need of Cheesey Mashed Tater Topping.
- You need 5 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 lbs of Idaho taters.
- Use 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Use 1 1/4 cup of sharp chedder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce.
Shepherds Pie instructions
- Pie Meat: Add butter and oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Saute onions until tender about 10 min. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato paste, then the ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink about 10 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook and simmer for another 10 minutes. Mix in peas. Transfer mixture to an oven-proof baking dish and spread evenly..
- Cheesey Taters: Fill a large saucepan with cold water. Add potatoes to the water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes cook until soft about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are at a desired density, drain the potatoes and place them back into the saucepan for mashing. Add butter and sour cream and begin to mash potatoes into a semi smooth consistency. Once at desired texture season with salt and pepper..
- Place mashed potato on top of ground beef mixture and spread out evenly, once the top surface has been covered, rake through with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook until browned about 20 minutes. Spoon out the shepherd's pie sprinkle shredded cheese on top and serve..
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
Food preparation a delicious dish for your family does not have to mean costs hours ploding away in the cooking area. There are numerous variety of recipes such as Shepherds Pie recipe, you can utilize to whip with each other a terrific dish in a short time, quickly your household will be taking pleasure in the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Shepherds Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.