If you're looking for Falafel Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Falafel Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
When you comprehend the essentials of cooking, it can be such a releasing and also compensating experience to create a just scrumptious dish or baked thing. The scents in your house and the faces of individuals that you share it with are valuable. We wish this Falafel Salad recipe will provide you some idea for you to end up being a remarkable chef.
You can have Falafel Salad using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Falafel Salad
- Prepare of For the Falafel:.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of dry (uncooked) chickpeas.
- Provide 1/2 cup of dry (uncooked) fava beans.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Use 1/4 cup of mint leaves.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flat-leaf parsley leaves.
- You need 1 of small jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed and coarsely chopped.
- You need to prepare 2 of garlic clove, minced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped yellow onion.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Provide of Vegetable oil, for frying (about 3 cups).
- You need of For the salad:.
- Use 1 head of red leaf lettuce, torn.
- Provide 1 head of green leaf lettuce, torn.
- Prepare 1/4 head of large red cabbage, shredded.
- Prepare 2-3 of cucumber, sliced.
- Provide of Baby strawberries (optional).
- You need of Fresh mint, cilantro and parsley.
- You need to prepare of For Tahini dressing:.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw tahini.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Use 1/4 cup of water, or more for desired consistency.
Falafel Salad instructions
- In a medium bowl, cover the chickpeas and fava beans with water and soak them overnight..
- After soaking, drain the chickpeas and fava beans and pat them dry. Place them into a food processor, with a teaspoon of salt and process until they resemble a coarse crumb. Add the mint, parsley, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, onion, and sesame seeds and pulse until everything is finely ground and the mixture is a fine, web crumb. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, stir in the baking soda, and chill for at least 30 minutes..
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom saucepan. Using a small ice cream scoop, pack the falafel mixture tightly into the scoop and form balls, slightly smaller than a golf ball. Carefully drop the balls into the hot oil, and fry a few at a time until golden brown, making sure to flip them over as soon as they are brown on one side. Using a slotted spoon, remove the falafel from the oil to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool and excess oil drip off. Repeat process with the remaining falafels..
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes and fresh herbs. Add the falafel on top and serve with the dressing on the side..
- To make the Tahini dressing combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water to thin, if desired. It will thicken up when it's chilled!.
Everybody wants to be a much better cook. Everyone intends to experiment with enjoyable recipes. Discovering the moment and really feeling the motivation to be creative in the kitchen can occasionally posture an obstacle though. We really hope these Falafel Salad recipe can bring the magic to your kitchen. Provide a couple of these suggestions a shot tonight, your palate will thanks!
If you find this Falafel Salad recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.