If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Every person enjoys the idea of sitting down to a tasty home-cooked meal, but with today's hectic routines, it can be more challenging than ever before to find the time to put one together. Fortunately, help is out there, the Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie recipe and advice in this post will assist you assembled healthy meals for your household in a surprisingly, short time.
To cook Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie you only need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie
- Provide 4 large of Potatoes.
- Provide 1 of Onion (chopped fine).
- Use 2 cup of Sweet Corn.
- You need to prepare 2 large of Carrots (peeled and chopped).
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Provide 2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 2 can of Green Beans.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of Beef Broth (possibly bullion instead for a more salty alternative).
- You need to prepare 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Use 1/4 cup of Half-and-Half or Milk.
- You need to prepare 2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 of Cumin, Rosemary and Thyme (optional).
Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Start the mashed potatoes: Peel and cut potatoes (1/2 inch or quartered). Place in pan and cover with cold water (1/2 in over potatoes). Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. [start step 3 then return to potatoes] ((Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 15-20 mins.)).
- In a large sauté pan with oil, sauté onions and carrots, then garlic. Add ground beef and cook through until brown..
- Continue filling: Sprinkle meat with flour and toss to coat. Add salt/pepper and cumin (optional), add Worcestershire Sauce, Beef Broth, and Rosemary/ Thyme (optional). Brind to boil, cover and simmer low and covered until sauce is thick (10-15 mins)..
- Mash Potatoes: Add half-and-half or milk, butter, and salt/pepper to drained potatoes. Mash until smooth..
- Continue filling: Add corn and green beans (peas optional) for just a few mins to heat..
- Combine in lightly greased 3 qt casserole dish: Beef filling on bottom. Sprinkle layer of cheese on top. Top with mashed potatoes. (Make sure the potatoes seal the beef filling in so it doesn't boil and create a mess.) Use a fork to make rivets on the top of the mashed potatoes. Add small amount of paprika on top..
- Bake dish for 25-30 minutes in oven at 400°F. Let cool (about 15 mins)..
Food preparation is a kind of art as well as it takes time as well as method to equivalent experience and knowledge in the field. There are numerous forms of food preparation as well as also many different kinds of food from various cultures. Apply what you have actually seen from Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie recipe it will certainly assist you in your cooking ventures.
If you find this Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.