Looking for the perfect Korean Fried Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Korean Fried Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Everyone loves the concept of sitting down to a tasty home-cooked meal, however with today's active schedules, it can be tougher than ever before to discover the time to place one with each other. The good news is, aid is around, the Korean Fried Chicken recipe and suggestions in this post will certainly help you assembled well balanced meals for your family in a surprisingly, short time.
You can cook Korean Fried Chicken using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Chicken
- Provide 1 lbs of Chicken Thigh/Breast (boneless & skinned).
- Provide 0.5 cup of Milk (optional).
- You need 0.25 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Pepper.
- You need to prepare 0.5 tsp of Garlic (minced).
- You need 0.5 tsp of Ginger (minced).
- Provide 1 tbs of Rice Wine (if not using milk).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of potato starch (or corn starch).
- You need to prepare of Oil for Deep Frying.
- Provide 1 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- You need 3 tbs of Rice Wine (or Mirin).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar (or Rice Wine Vinegar).
- You need 1 tbs of Gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste).
- You need to prepare 0.25 tbs of Dwenjang (Korean soy bean paste).
- You need to prepare 1.75 tbs of Honey.
- Provide 2 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- Use 2 tbs of Brown Sugar.
- Use 1 tsp of Garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger (grated).
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Use 2 tbs of White Sesame for garnish.
Korean Fried Chicken step by step
- Soak the chicken pieces in milk for at least 2 hours in the fridge (this is to soften the chicken). This step is optional..
- Drain thoroughly. Remove any visible fat. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Mix with the salt, pepper, rice wine (if you didn’t use milk), garlic, and ginger. Let it stand for 30 minutes..
- In a pan, add all the sauce ingredients, and stir well. Bring it to a boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer until it thickens slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the heat off..
- Add the potato (or corn) starch to the chicken, and mix well to coat evenly..
- Pour about 1 inch of oil in to a heavy bottom pan. When the oil is sufficiently hot (350°F or starts smoking), drop the chicken pieces in one at a time. Fry them in two batches. Overcrowding will drop the oil temperature too quickly. Cook until light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and set them on a wire rack or a paper towel-lined plate..
- Reheat the oil to 350°F. Deep fry again until golden brown, about 30 to 40 seconds. You can do the second frying in one batch..
- Heat the sauce over medium low heat. Add the chicken and stir well until the chicken pieces are evenly coated. Sprinkle the sesame seeds as garnish..
There is always something new to discover when it concerns food preparation and every chef's skill-set is open to renovation. This Korean Fried Chicken recipe is just a couple of recipe ideas to aid boost your cook's efficiency. There are a lot more great recipes around and excellent cooks maintain seeking them throughout their lives. Consistent knowing is the vital to ever-improving food preparation skills.
If you find this Korean Fried Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.