If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Are you a cooking guru? Possibly you are simply a kitchen professional? Or like many others, you might be an amateur.Whatever the instance may be, helpful cooking recommendations can include some fresh concepts to your cooking. Take a while as well as learn a couple of things that can spray some brand-new enjoyable into your kitchen regimen. This Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe maybe a perfect fit for you.
You can cook Barbecue Chicken Empanadas using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Barbecue Chicken Empanadas
- Provide 4 of Bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 cups shredded).
- You need to prepare 2 of Corn on the cob (to yield about 1/2 cup kernels).
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 of medium Potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 cup).
- Provide 1 of small Sweet onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup).
- Use 2 of Fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, (about 2 tablespoons).
- You need 3 of large Garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1 cup of Barbecue Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Egg white.
- You need 1 packages of Empanada discs (14 ounce package, found in frozen section of most markets), thawed overnight in refrigerator or a couple of hours on countertop (leave in package to thaw)..
- You need to prepare 1 of Few springs fresh cilantro for garnish.
Barbecue Chicken Empanadas instructions
- Place chicken in a large stock pot and add water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat, remove chicken from water and place on a plate to cool. Once cooled, pull chicken from bones into fine shreds. Measure out 2 cups and set aside. *Note: Do NOT overcook chicken, or the meat will be chewy. It will continue to cook during baking..
- Heat a heavy cast iron grill pan over high heat and add corn, turning cobs frequently until blackened in several spots, about 4 minutes per 4 sides. Remove from pan, let cool. Slice kernels from cobs and measure out 1/2 cup and set aside..
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add diced potatoes and stir fry for approximately 10 minutes, until potatoes are soft and golden brown. Add chopped onion and chopped jalapeno and stir fry for an additional 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes, so as not to burn the garlic..
- Lower heat to medium low, add shredded chicken, corn kernels, and 1 cup of barbecue sauce to pan and gently fold ingredients together to cover with sauce. Simmer mixture for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool in pan..
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F..
- Gently separate dough disks and, using a rolling pin, place each disc on a piece of wax paper and roll each disc out until each is about 1 inch larger in diameter. Scoop out 1/4 cup of filling and spread horizontally along the center of each empanada disc. Gently bring the bottom edge over the filling and press to the top of the disc to form a semi-circle and press firmly together to seal. Starting from one corner of the empanada to the other end, pinch to seal or simply crimp together with a fork. Set side-by-side down the length of a parchment-lined half baking sheet. You should have 10 filled empanadas with leftover filling that will go well as a topping over rice..
- Whip egg white until foamy and, using a pastry brush, lightly brush tops (including crimped parts) of each filled empanada..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, until tops of empanadas are golden brown..
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and serve..
- *Serve alongside barbecue rice and garnish with fresh cilantro..
- Note: Filling can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator overnight..
Since you have actually read Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe, it is the time for you to head to the kitchen area and prepare some excellent food! Remember, cooking is not an ability that can be one hundred percent right initially. Technique is needed for you to grasp the art of food preparation.
If you find this Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.