If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
As soon as you recognize the basics of cooking, it can be such a freeing and rewarding experience to produce a simply tasty meal or baked thing. The smells in your house and the faces of individuals who you share it with are priceless. We wish this Cottage Pie dish will certainly provide you some concept for you to come to be an extraordinary cook.
To cook Cottage Pie you only need 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- You need to prepare 1 Tablespoon of Oil.
- Prepare 500 g of Beef Mince.
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- Use 1 of Garlic Clove.
- Provide 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- You need to prepare 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Purée.
- Prepare 2 of Large Carrots (cut small).
- You need 500 ml of Beef Stock.
- You need to prepare 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of Butter.
- You need of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of Flour.
- Provide 8 of Medium Potatoes.
- You need to prepare 50 ml of Milk.
Cottage Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into 4, add to saucepan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Boil for 25 minutes on a medium/high heat.
- Heat up pan until hot or as I like to use, my wok as it is great for quick cooking! Add the tablespoon of oil and break up the mince into the pan, cooking until the meat has browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and thyme and fry until softened.
- Add the tablespoon of flour (through a sieve) try not to get any big lumps in there! Stir on a low/medium heat covering the meat and veggies - (this will help thicken the stock when you add it).
- Add tomato purée, salt and pepper to taste and then add the beef stock stirring as you add. Leave to simmer for 25 minutes to let the vegetables soften and the sauce thicken.
- Whilst your filling is simmering away strain your potatoes and mash them adding your butter and a good grind of pepper.
- Pour the mince filling into a baking dish and top with the mash. Fluff the top with a fork and I like to rub a little butter in with the fork so when it goes into the oven it makes it nice and crisp!.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes untill nice and golden brown and hot all the way through. Serve with some broccoli / asparagus 👍🏼.
There is constantly something brand-new to find out when it concerns food preparation as well as every chef's skill-set is open to renovation. This Cottage Pie recipe is simply a few recipe suggestions to assist enhance your chef's performance. There are a lot more excellent recipes around and excellent cooks maintain looking for them throughout their lives. Continuous knowing is the key to ever-improving cooking skills.
If you find this Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.