If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cook Southern Green Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Many people like cooking as well as think it makes the perfect relaxing leisure activity. A kitchen that is loaded with fresh food that scents delicious is certain to make any person's state of mind a little bit lighter. It can in some cases seem challenging, though, to pinpoint recipes that work for you or guidance that brings about an inevitably successful dish. Maybe this Slow Cook Southern Green Beans recipe is the one you are seeking.
You can have Slow Cook Southern Green Beans using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Slow Cook Southern Green Beans
- Use 2 Pounds of Green Beans (trimmed, cut in half).
- Provide 8 Ounces of Tomato Sauce (or 1 Pint of stewed fresh Grape Tomatoes).
- Prepare 3 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- You need 6 Rashers of Thick Cut Bacon.
- You need to prepare 1 of Onion (radially sliced).
- Use 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced fine, or smashed to fish out later).
- Provide Shot of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need to prepare of To Taste: Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Curry Powder, Cumin.
Slow Cook Southern Green Beans step by step
- (Make sure your pot is large enough for all of your green beans) (They will cook down, but at first it will be pretty bulky).
- In a large pan with fairly high sides (you could totally just use a stockpot or saucepan) bring your bacon to medium-medium high heat. Cook until almost completely crisp. We really just want the fat. (PRO-TIP: Add a splash of water to your bacon at the beginning to raise your yield of bacon fat).
- Once the bacon is just short of crispy, add your onion, turn the heat down to medium-medium low and sautee for what will seem like way too long. (20 minutes?) After that, add your garlic, sautee, then add the tomato product..
- Add your Green Beans to the pan, toss to combine, and let soften slightly (I mean SLIGHTLY).
- Pour the 3 cups of chicken broth into the pan with the beans as well as the Worcestershire sauce and all seasonings, stir to combine. Maintain a slight simmer for about 2 hours. The whole time, just poke the beans and stir them into the liquid..
- (PRO-TIP) Be careful with any additional salt, the bacon is already pretty salty..
Food preparation is a type of art as well as it takes time and also practice to equivalent experience and also expertise in the field. There are several kinds of food preparation as well as additionally several sorts of food from various societies. Apply what you have actually seen from Slow Cook Southern Green Beans recipe it will certainly aid you in your food preparation undertakings.
If you find this Slow Cook Southern Green Beans recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.