If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherd's pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Lots of people enjoy cooking and also assume it makes the excellent relaxing pastime. A kitchen that is filled with fresh food that smells tasty is specific to make any individual's state of mind a little bit lighter. It can often seem hard, however, to pinpoint dishes that benefit you or suggestions that leads to an eventually successful dish. Maybe this Shepherd's pie recipe is the one you are looking for.
To make Shepherd's pie you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- Provide 1 kg of white potatoes, peeled,, washed and boiled.
- You need to prepare 15 gms of butter.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of mixed vegetables, peas, carrots.
- Use 800 g of minced meat.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce.
- You need to prepare 2 of table spoons wheat flour.
- Provide of Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese grated.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's pie step by step
- Place the peeled potatoes in a deep cooking pot and cover with cold water, add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer and cook until tender..
- As the potatoes are cooking, in a deep cooking pan, over low heat,put cooking oil, add the chopped onion, cook until tender, add the minced garlic, let cook for 1 min..
- Add the diced vegetables, cook for 5-10mins. Add the minced meat, salt and pepper to taste and the tomato sauce and allow to cook until cooked through (stirring continually so as not to be lumpy). Add the wheat flour and stir. You can add some meat broth or water so that the meat doesn’t dry out..
- By the time you’re done with the minced meat, the potatoes should ready for mashing. Drain the water, add the butter some grated cheese and pepper if you like to the potatoes and mash with a fork or potato masher..
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C.
- In a baking dish, layer the meat sauce then spread the mashed potatoes on top. Add the grated cheese on top. Cook for 20mins or till cheese forms a golden crust..
British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.
Food preparation is a type of art and also it requires time as well as practice to equivalent experience and know-how in the field. There are many kinds of food preparation as well as also many different sorts of food from various cultures. Apply what you've seen from Shepherd's pie recipe it will aid you in your food preparation endeavors.
If you find this Shepherd's pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.