If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Not-So-Traditional Ramen Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking is a type of art and also there are many different types of cooking that you could learn. You can become a gourmet chef or you can simply try to understand the art of cooking great dishes within your house. Lots of jobs in the workplace utilize cooks, prep-cooks and managers that additionally supervise chefs. We hope this Not-So-Traditional Ramen Noodle Soup recipe can help make you a much better cook.
You can have Not-So-Traditional Ramen Noodle Soup using 44 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Not-So-Traditional Ramen Noodle Soup
- Prepare of The Broth.
- You need 5 litres of cold water.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- Provide 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need Half of a bunch of spring onions (around 4), roughly chopped.
- Use 1 of portobello mushroom, sliced thickly.
- You need 8 of garlic cloves, peeled.
- Use 1 of onion, quartered.
- Provide 1 tsp of Chinese Five Spice.
- Use 2 of Birdseye chillies, chopped.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of miso paste.
- Use 1 of chicken carcass.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of ginger.
- Provide 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- You need of Salt.
- Use of Pepper.
- You need to prepare of Sesame oil.
- Provide 1 pinch of sugar.
- You need to prepare of The Tea Eggs.
- Use 3 tbsp of oolong tea leaves (ordinary black tea will also work).
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Use 1 of star anise.
- Use 2 of cloves.
- Provide 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of peppercorns.
- Provide 3 of eggs, hard boiled.
- You need to prepare of The Pickled Beetroot.
- Use 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of water.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of peppercorns.
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide A few of beetroots, boiled.
- Provide of Noodles.
- Prepare 3 of nests of vermicelli noodles (more or less to desired quantity).
- Provide of Enough water to fully submerge the nests.
- You need of Salt.
- Provide of Toppings.
- You need of Nori sheets (optional).
- You need of Sweetcorn.
- You need to prepare of Greens of some kind (green beans, spring onion, peas).
- You need 2 of sliced portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds (optional).
- You need to prepare of Chicken meat of any kind (cooked).
Not-So-Traditional Ramen Noodle Soup instructions
- First you need to make your broth. Now this can take a while, so wake up early the day you want to make your soup. You need to lightly fry the spring onions, chillies, onions, garlic, and tomato paste..
- Once browned, add in your spices and coat everything with them. Add your carcass and then five litres of water on top, with the rest of your ingredients for the broth. This needs to be brought to a boil and then simmered for a minimum of five hours. Mine went for 8 and had a deeper, more intense flavour..
- The Tea Eggs can be prepared whilst the broth is cooking. Hard boil the eggs and then simply add your spices and tea to a pot, then submerge with boiling water. Crack the shells of your eggs but do not peel them! The cracks give a shattered glass effect in the end. Place them in the boiling spice and tea mix and leave there for 30 minutes..
- Place the eggs into a glass bowl and strain the tea mixture on top. Leave this to intensify in colour and flavour, in the fridge. Ensure to put cling film on top so no nasty fridge smells enter your delicious tea mix..
- Place the vinegar, sugar, water, bay leaves, and peppercorns into a pan and bring to a boil. Once it is scalding hot (that means bubbles have appeared around the edges and it is beginning to bubble in the centre) pour the mixture over your peeled and cooked beetroot and let it come to room temperature. Leave this to pickle all day, until ready to serve. Note: this makes more than I used in the dish and so feel free to not use all of it. It lasts ages in the fridge, too..
- So the only elements left are the noodles and toppings. It has been at least five hours since you put on the broth, or longer, so you are going to start your noodles. Cook them according to packet instructions..
- Place your chicken in the broth to heat it through, you don't want to overcook it though, as it is already cooked..
- Whilst everything is slowly cooking, prepare your toppings. Cook the green beans (you can use spring onions however, which are best raw) and lightly fry your Portobello mushrooms in sesame oil. Once these are cooked, get ready to serve..
- Start with the noodles, a generous portion goes into the bowl. Then the chicken (you can shred this if you like) in a neat pile to one side. Pour over the delicious hot broth (strained) and then finally top with anything else. Your eggs halved and to one side, showing the lovely yolks, the beans, sweetcorn, mushrooms and beetroot all in their own space..
- Garnish with the nori at one side, sticking out high and sprinkle lightly the sesame seeds over the eggs..
- Enjoy your delicious meal, which you have spent all day preparing. It's a small price to pay for this truly delicious, Not-So-Traditional Ramen Noodle Soup!.
Since you've gotten to the end of this Not-So-Traditional Ramen Noodle Soup recipe, currently trying out recipes as well as implement it and take pleasure in. You never know - you simply may have found a brand-new job.
If you find this Not-So-Traditional Ramen Noodle Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.