If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
If you are having difficulty recently in the kitchen when it involves obtaining your cuisine just right, you are not the only one. Many people have all-natural cooking talent yet not quite adequate know-how to prepare with excellence. This Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup dish is an excellent start, easy to cook as well as tasty.
To make Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup you only need 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup
- Provide 1 lb. of dried black beans.
- You need 3 tbs. of olive or vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need to prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbs. of tomato paste.
- Provide 1 of smoked ham hock.
- You need to prepare 7 cups of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of thyme.
- You need to prepare Dash of paprika.
- Use 3 cups of cooked ham, cubed.
- Provide 1/4 cup of dry sherry.
- Use Dash of salt and pepper.
Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup instructions
- Soak the black beans and prep according to the package direction. [For a quick soak, use the boiling water method.].
- In a large pot over medium heat, begin heating the oil and sauté the onions and bell pepper until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat them for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomato paste and mix all the ingredients well..
- Pour in the vegetable broth and then add the drained beans, ham hock and the bay leaf..
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the cumin, coriander, thyme, and paprika. Partially cover the pot and cook for about 2 hours until the beans are tender..
- Remove the ham bone and shred off any meat. Set aside. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes..
- Depending on desired consistency (smooth or chunky), you can puree the soup by using a handheld immersion blender or in batches with a blender..
- Add the cooked ham and shredded meat to the soup in the pot. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and add the sherry. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat uncovered to heat through..
- Serve with toppings of choice such as sour cream or yogurt, green onions, chopped hard-boiled egg, etc. Serve with some crusty bread..
Food preparation a tasty meal for your family does not need to imply investing hours slaving away in the cooking area. There are several number of recipes such as Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe, you can make use of to whip together a great meal quickly, quickly your family members will be taking pleasure in the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.