Looking for the perfect Shepherds Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking is a kind of art and there are many different sorts of cooking that you could discover. You can become a chef or you can just try to understand the art of cooking excellent dishes within your home. Several work in the work environment employ cooks, prep-cooks and also managers that also manage cooks. We hope this Shepherds Pie recipe can aid make you a better chef.
You can have Shepherds Pie using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 600 grams of Minced lamb.
- Use 300 grams of Potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Provide 300 grams of Peeled and chopped carrots and turnip.
- Provide 30 grams of Butter.
- You need to prepare 1 dash of Milk.
- Use 1 of Onion.
- Use 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Sprig rosemary.
- Provide 1 pinch of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Gravy.
- Use 200 ml of Lamb/beef stock.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Tomato purée.
- Provide 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 dash of Olive oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of (Heaped) plain flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Each Dried sage, rosemary, thyme.
- You need to prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Grated mature cheddar.
- You need to prepare 1 of Tomato, sliced.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce.
Shepherds Pie instructions
- Chop onion and garlic, place in pan with rosemary sprig, lamb mince and seasoning. Brown mince, drain the fat off and set aside..
- In a pan, boil the potatoes, carrot and turnip. When soft, turn off heat, drain water, add the butter and milk and mash together. Set the mash aside..
- Make the gravy. Make up the stock in a jug, add the dried herbs, bay leaf and the tomato purée and mix. Set aside. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the flour and mix well. Gradually add the stock, stirring all the while until you have a nice gravy consistency..
- Now bring it all together. Place the mince in a casserole dish. Pour over the gravy. Spread the mash over the top making peaks with a fork. Sprinkle over the cheese (don't use a lot of cheese or it will overpower the pie), put a few tomato slices on top. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes..
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
Now that you have read Shepherds Pie recipe, it is the time for you to head to the cooking area as well as prepare some great food! Bear in mind, food preparation is not a skill that can be one hundred percent right initially. Practice is needed for you to understand the art of food preparation.
If you find this Shepherds Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.