Looking for the perfect Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking is a form of art and there are many different types of cooking that you might discover. You can become a chef or you can just attempt to understand the art of cooking great meals within your home. Many tasks in the office utilize cooks, prep-cooks and managers that likewise supervise chefs. We hope this Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe can help make you a much better chef.
You can cook Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need 4 (14 oz) of Cans Chicken Broth.
- Use 2 of Heaping Cups Pre-Cooked Shreaded Chicken [packed].
- Use 1 Can (28 oz) of Green Tomatoes [aka Tomatillos - smashed by hand].
- Prepare 2 (4 oz) of Cans Diced Hatch Green Chilies.
- Provide 1 Can (10 oz) of ROTEL Tomatoes [with green chile].
- Use 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregeno.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ 1/2 tbsp reserves before serving].
- Use 1 of EX LG Jalapeño [minced].
- Provide 1 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- You need to prepare 2 Stalks of Celery [with leaves - chopped].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- Provide 2 of LG Carrots [small chopped].
- You need to prepare 1/2 Cup of Green Bell Peppers [minced].
- Provide 2 tbsp of Fresh Mexican Basil.
- You need to prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Chicken Bullion Or Salt [feel free to add extra salt to this dish. your kiddos will definitely need a little encouragement to drink more fluids while sick. but still, ALWAYS refer to your pediatrician first].
- Use 1/3 Cup of Mexican Beer [optional].
- You need of Lemon Wedges [optional].
- Provide 1 tbsp of Lime Juice [or to taste + reserve wedges].
- Use of Avocados [garnish].
- Prepare as needed of Egg Noodles.
- Prepare as needed of Baking Soda [acid reducer].
Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Small chop all of your vegetables and throw everything [except for anything listed as reserves, garnish or noodles] in a large pot. Boil on high for 20 minutes covered. Or, until your small chopped carrots are softened. They're your best [doneness] indicator..
- At 20 minutes, boil your egg noodles as per manufactures directions. Usually 7 minutes - in a separate pot. If not boiled in a separate pot, you'll dust up your soup with a carb clouded murky broth. Yuck! Do the same with your rice if you choose to employ it. Add 1 tsp salt and a dash of oil to your noodles and cover. Stir occasionally. Drain and add noodles to your soup. Do not rinse your noodles..
- ● Important Steps: Taste test your soup. If you feel your broth is too acidic based upon the high amounts of green/red tomatoes, jalapeños and lemon/lime juice, add a good pinch of baking soda while your soup is at a heavy boil. She'll foam up quite a bit she'll settle right down when stirred. So, no worries. Add another pinch of baking soda if you feel it's needed after a minute or so. Also, add additional 1/2 tbsp Cumin to your pot just before serving. You'll want that extra kick! Add water as needed for additional broth. Sick kids throats do appreciate their hot broth! I also add additional fresh chilled cilantro [my kids do love their cilantro!] and mix gently just prior to serving..
- Serve soup piping hot with chilled lime or lemon wedges, [both work quite well, especially on sore throats!] fresh cilantro, avocado slices, tortilla chips [if only to serve their scratchy little throats!] and fresh flour tortillas as an absorbent tummy filler. A dollop of sour cream is also a great addition if, they don't have upset tummies. Any creams will only curdle in their tiny stomachs. Enjoy!.
Cooking a tasty meal for your family members does not need to mean costs hrs slaving away in the cooking area. There are numerous number of recipes such as Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you can utilize to whip with each other a wonderful meal quickly, quickly your family members will be appreciating the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.