If you're looking for Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
There are many sources of information on cooking. Some info is geared in the direction of experienced cooks and also except the typical individual. It can be confusing to wade through all of the available information. Thankfully, this Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe is easy to do and will provide you some fantastic suggestions. They will benefit any person, also a beginner.
To make Green Chicken Enchilada Bake you only need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Chicken Enchilada Bake
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast (my package was 3 very large).
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh cilantro - tied together with kitchen twine.
- Use 2 tbs of chili powder (I use chipotle chili powder).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1 of enough water and/or chicken broth to cover breasts in pot.
- You need 6 of large flour tortillas (burrito size).
- Provide 1 of large can (28 oz) green enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 of small can (14 oz) green enchilada sauce.
- Use 4 cup of shredded cheese - cheddar, monterrey jack and mexi-blends work great but use what you love!.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced black olives (optional).
Green Chicken Enchilada Bake step by step
- Place chicken and next 5 ingredients in a large pot (6 if using cayenne). Fill with enough broth/water to cover the chicken by about an inch. Cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to medium low and simmer covered for 20 minutes..
- When chicken is done, carefully remove from pot and place on cutting board to rest a few minutes before shredding. Remove cilantro from broth. Leave broth simmering lightly while you shred the chicken..
- Use two forks to pull the chicken apart into shreds. When all the chicken is shredded return to pot. Slowly simmer in broth for 10 minutes more (to infuse with more flavor). Drain chicken in colander And get ready to assemble!.
- Assemble your layers! Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x13" baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce from the large can into baking dish. Swirl to coat bottom..
- Place two tortillas on sauce, overlapping in the middle. Spread half of the shredded chicken on top of tortillas. Pour 1/2 of remaining enchilada sauce from the large can over chicken. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over sauce..
- Repeat tortillas, chicken, sauce, cheese in same order once more, using the remaining chicken and last 1/2 of large can of sauce..
- Top with last 2 tortillas, tucking edges down into dish on all sides. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top, then pour the entire small can of sauce over cheese to coat evenly. Lastly add black olives, if desired..
- Tent loosely with aluminum foil, ensuring it doesn't touch the cheese on top. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more or until top is golden and bubbly. Let rest about 10 minutes before cutting. Top with desired garnishes, serve and enjoy!.
Cooking a delicious dish for your family doesn't need to mean investing hours toiling away in the kitchen area. There are several number of recipes such as Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe, you can make use of to whip with each other a great dish quickly, soon your household will be enjoying the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.