If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Halloumi & Tomato Pasta Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
When you comprehend the fundamentals of cooking, it can be such a releasing as well as awarding experience to create a just tasty meal or baked thing. The scents in your home and also the faces of the people that you share it with are invaluable. We wish this Halloumi & Tomato Pasta Bake dish will certainly give you some suggestion for you to end up being a remarkable chef.
You can cook Halloumi & Tomato Pasta Bake using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Halloumi & Tomato Pasta Bake
- Prepare 500 g of tin of plum tomatoes.
- Use 1 packet of halloumi cheese.
- You need 1 TSP of balsamic vinegar.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide of Fusilli pasta (or any desired shape).
- You need to prepare of Parmesan.
- Use of Fresh basil.
Salty halloumi cheese, sweet pomegranate molasses and fresh mint make a delicious combination in this quick Lebanese meze dish. When fried or grilled, halloumi cheese transforms into something magical. Halloumi (Greek χαλούμι, Turkish hellim, Arabic حلوم ḥallūm) is a Cypriot semi-hard, unripened brined cheese made from a mixture of goats' and sheep milk, and sometimes also cows' milk. It has a high melting point and so can easily be fried or grilled.
Halloumi & Tomato Pasta Bake instructions
- Chop the halloumi into bite-size squares and heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Once hot, fry the halloumi until nicely browned on both sides and set aside for later..
- Fry the onion and garlic in a frying pan with oil until softened. Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and some finely chopped basil. Simmer for at least 10 minutes and then add salt and pepper to taste..
- Put on pasta to boil in a pan of salted water. Once cooked, drain and add to tomato sauce..
- Stir the sauce, pasta and halloumi from earlier together until combined. Add to a roasting dish and top with grated parmesan. Place in oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 7-10 minutes, or until cheese has gone golden. Serve and top with another sprinkling of parmesan and some fresh basil..
Our favorite way to eat Halloumi is to "grill" the cheese and caramelize the surface for a really rich flavor with a soft and warm interior. Halloumi is brilliant - it's great for quick dinners and veggie barbecues. BBC Food has halloumi BBC Food has halloumi recipes for every occasion. Try it in veggie burgers, risottos, pastas or even as a. Most people associate Halloumi with Greece, but it actually originated in Cyprus in the Medieval Byzantine period, then gained popularity throughout the rest of the Middle East region.
There is constantly something new to find out when it comes to food preparation and every chef's skill-set is open to improvement. This Halloumi & Tomato Pasta Bake recipe is simply a couple of recipe concepts to aid improve your cook's efficiency. There are many more great recipes out there and excellent cooks maintain looking for them throughout their lives. Constant discovering is the key to ever-improving food preparation abilities.
If you find this Halloumi & Tomato Pasta Bake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.