Looking for the perfect Vegetarian enchiladas with coriander lime rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian enchiladas with coriander lime rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Everyone enjoys the concept of taking a seat to a tasty home-cooked dish, yet with today's active timetables, it can be harder than ever to discover the moment to place one together. The good news is, assistance is available, the Vegetarian enchiladas with coriander lime rice recipe and suggestions in this post will certainly aid you put together healthy meals for your family in a surprisingly, short time.
To cook Vegetarian enchiladas with coriander lime rice you only need 27 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian enchiladas with coriander lime rice
- Prepare of Enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- You need of Garlic paste.
- Use of Non smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Dried mixed herbs.
- You need of Chili powder.
- Prepare of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 500 g of passata.
- Prepare of Light soft brown sugar.
- Provide of White wine vinegar.
- Prepare of Salt & ground black pepper.
- You need to prepare of Big bunch coriander stalks (save leaves for the rice).
- Provide of Enchiladas.
- Use 2 of white onions.
- Provide 2 of bell peppers (any color).
- Use 2 (250 g) of packs of halloumi.
- You need 1 (28 g) of pack fajita seasoning.
- You need 8 of flour tortillas.
- Provide of Extra mature cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Coriander lime rice.
- Use 268 g of basmati rice.
- You need of Garlic paste.
- Provide 533 ml of hot water.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Zest and juice of 2 limes.
- Use of Big bunch coriander leaves.
Refried beans, zesty tomatoes, chopped spinach, corn and cheese makes a flavorful filling for vegetarian enchiladas. One-pot Enchilada Rice. featured in One-Pot Vegetarian Meals. Make a circle in the center of the rice and add your sautéed vegetables and black beans to the skillet and mix. Vegetarian enchilada is a popular Mexican dish with my family.
Vegetarian enchiladas with coriander lime rice step by step
- Start with preparing the main enchilada mix. Chop the two white onions into rings and then chop each ring in half. Any bits of onion that aren't rings just chop into small pieces. Place the onions in a large bowl..
- Chop the bell peppers in the same way as the onions and add them to the bowl..
- Remove the halloumi from the packaging. Chop each piece of halloumi in half length ways and then chop each slice into 4 strips. You should end up with 16 strips. Don't worry if some bits break off. Add the halloumi to the bowl..
- Cover the onions, peppers and halloumi in the bowl with the packet of fajita seasoning. (I use Capsicana cumin and chipotle seasoning from Waitrose, but you can use whatever seasoning you want).
- Cover the bowl securely and shake until the onions, peppers and halloumi are evenly covered. Then put the bowl in the fridge for now..
- Next move on to the enchilada sauce. Finely chop the white onion. Heat some oil in a large pot and fry the onion until soft. Add 1 heaped tsp garlic paste and fry for a further minute..
- Add 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp dried mixed herbs, 1 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp ground cumin. Mix well..
- Add the passata with 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt & pepper. Then very finely chop the coriander stalks and add to the pot. Mix and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes..
- While the sauce is simmering go back to the enchilada mix. First preheat the oven to 170°c (fan). Then get the bowl out of the fridge, remove the halloumi slices and set them aside..
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, preferably non-stick. Add the onions and peppers to the pan and fry until soft. Then remove them from the pan and set aside..
- Then add a bit more oil to the pan and put the halloumi strips into it. Fry the strips until crispy on all sides. Then set those aside too..
- Then get a large deep sided baking tray and start making the enchiladas. Grab a flour tortilla, put a bit of the onion & pepper mix along the middle, put two strips of the halloumi on top and then add a bit of the enchilada sauce. Wrap the sides of the tortilla over the filling, turn the enchilada over so the folds are on the bottom and place into the baking tray. Repeat until you have 8 enchiladas..
- If you have any left over enchilada sauce or peppers & onions like I had then put them over the top of the enchiladas. Then completely cover the enchiladas in grated extra mature cheddar cheese. Put into the oven for 20 minutes..
- While the enchiladas are baking cook the rice. In a large pot heat some oil, then add the raw rice, coat it in the oil and cook until it starts to brown. Then add 1 heaped tsp garlic paste and cook a minute more..
- Cover the rice in the water and add 1 tsp salt and the lime zest. Bring to a rolling boil then cover, turn the heat down to low to maintain a very low simmer and leave undisturbed for 15 minutes..
- Turn the heat off under the rice pot and stir the rice. Add the lime juice and coriander leaves to the rice and stir well..
- Remove the enchiladas from the oven and serve with the rice. Then sprinkle the enchiladas with the sliced spring onions..
This mix of veggies with homemade enchilada sauce is such a tasty treat. Microwave for about one and half minutes, cheese should be melted and little. Try our easy to follow enchiladas with rice & beans recipe. Prepare rice as per packet instructions. Roughly chop half the coriander and stir into bean mixture with rice. tip: to make this recipe suitable for vegetarians, replace tasty cheese and parmesan with a plant-based cheese and swap sour cream.
Now that you have checked out the Vegetarian enchiladas with coriander lime rice recipe, and you have the knowledge that you require to execute in the cooking area. Obtain that apron out, dust off your blending bowls and roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this Vegetarian enchiladas with coriander lime rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.