Looking for the perfect Japanese Okonomiyaki recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Japanese Okonomiyaki recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Are you a cooking guru? Maybe you are simply a kitchen expert? Or like many others, you might be a newbie.Whatever the situation might be, helpful cooking suggestions can add some fresh concepts to your cooking. Spend some time and find out a couple of things that can splash some new enjoyable right into your kitchen area routine. This Japanese Okonomiyaki recipe maybe a perfect fit for you.
To cook Japanese Okonomiyaki you only need 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Okonomiyaki
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- You need to prepare 1 Cup (120 g) of All-purpose Flour.
- You need 3/4 cup (180 mL) of Dashi Broth (Combine 180 ml of water with 1 tsp dashi powder).
- You need 1/4 Tsp (1.5 g) of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp (1 g) of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Tsp (1 g) of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 1/2 Tsp (6 g) of Nagaimo Powder *Optional.
- You need 1/2 Cup (12.5 g) of Tenkasu (tempura bits).
- Use 600 g of Green Cabbage.
- Prepare 2 Pcs of Scallion.
- Provide 6 Pcs of Bacon Slices (Halved into 12 smaller slices).
- You need to prepare 3 Pcs of Eggs.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp (22.5 g) of Vegetable Oil.
- Provide of For Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp (30 g) of Oyster Sauce.
- Provide 4 Tbsp (60 g) of Ketchup.
- Provide 3 Tbsp (45 g) of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp (21 g) of Honey.
- You need to prepare of Simply mix together until well combined.
- Provide of Toppings.
- Prepare of Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- Prepare of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Use of Dried Bonito Flakes.
- Provide of Dried Green Seaweed.
Japanese Okonomiyaki instructions
- Remove the cabbage core and then mince it, place the minced cabbage in a colander to drain off extra moisture. Thinly slice the scallion and place them in a small bowl for later use..
- In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, nagaimo powder, baking powder, salt and sugar with the dashi broth until well combined without lumps..
- Stir the eggs, tenkasu, scallion and cabbage into the batter..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan with medium heat, then spread the batter to make circle with 2 cm thickness (about 6" round) on the pan..
- Place 3 sliced bacon on top of Okonomiyaki and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes..
- Remove the lid and filp over the Okonomiyaki when the bottom side is golden browned..
- Fix the shape of Okonomiyaki by gently pressing it and keep it together. Put the lid back on and cook for another 5 minutes..
- After that, flip it over for the last time and cook uncovered for 2 minutes..
- Transfer it onto a plate and add the toppings of your choice..
A terrific, home-cooked dish is the example all of us bear in mind. Making use of these Japanese Okonomiyaki recipe to enhance your cooking is the same as a professional athlete that keeps training-- the a lot more you do it, the much better you get, find out as high as you can around cooking. The even more recipe you have, the far better your dishes will taste.
If you find this Japanese Okonomiyaki recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.