If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kori Gassi/ Mangalorean Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Many people enjoy cooking as well as assume it makes the excellent relaxing hobby. A kitchen that is loaded with fresh food that smells scrumptious is particular to make any individual's state of mind a little bit lighter. It can occasionally seem tough, however, to identify recipes that help you or recommendations that results in an eventually effective meal. Perhaps this Kori Gassi/ Mangalorean Chicken Curry recipe is the one you are looking for.
You can have Kori Gassi/ Mangalorean Chicken Curry using 23 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kori Gassi/ Mangalorean Chicken Curry
- Prepare of curry cut Chicken.
- Use of Thick Coconut milk.
- Use of lemon sized Tamarind.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Provide of Turmeric.
- You need to prepare of Onion finely chopped.
- Provide of Salt.
- You need of Water.
- Use of Curry Leaves.
- Provide of Curry Leaves fried to Garnish.
- Use of Salt.
- Provide of To roast and grind.
- You need to prepare of Ghee.
- You need of small Onions sliced.
- You need of Garlic cloves.
- You need of grated Coconut.
- You need of Fenugreek Seeds.
- You need to prepare of byadagi or dry Kashmiri Red Chilli.
- You need of Coriander seeds.
- Provide of black Peppercorns.
- Use of Cinnamon stick.
- You need of Cloves.
- You need to prepare of Cumin seeds.
Mangalorean chicken curry or Kori Gassi is a chicken curry like no other. The signature dish of the folks hailing from bunt community, this fiery red chicken curry combines the mild sweetness of coconut with a medley of spices to create a complexly flavored curry that is a treat to your senses. Mangalorean chicken curry, popularly known as 'Kori Gassi', is a speciality chicken dish among the Tulu speaking Bunt community. It is an extremely flavorful chicken gravy that has a quite a few spices going into its making.
Kori Gassi/ Mangalorean Chicken Curry step by step
- Soak tamarind in 1/4 cup water for 20 minutes. squeeze pulp and discard the waste.
- Marinate chicken with turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon salt for 20 minutes.
- Roast fenugreek seeds until golden brown.
- Add dry spices, roast over low heat until aromat. keep it aside.
- In same pan, melt ghee, add onions and garlic. saute until onions are tender.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Grind coconut with spices and onions, garlic and adequate water to form smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and saute until golden brown.
- Add marinated chicken. stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground paste, curry leaves and salt. mix well.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add water and tamarind pulp. check for salt. mix well.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked.
- Add coconut milk and stir. switch off. do not cook after adding coconut milk.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves and serve hot with rice, dosa or chapati.
The ingredient list might appear daunting but don't let it deter you from giving. Mangalorean Chicken Curry is a delicious, spicy and tangy curry prepared with coconut milk and tamarind. Mangalorean Chicken Recipe is a great combination with freshly made rice balls and also with kori roti. Add the chicken cubes and stir and simmer until the chicken is cooked and the gravy is fairly thick. This recipe is for medium spicy eater, you can For example - Black Cod, Asparagus and Beans and Ethnic dishes would be - Mangalorean Chicken Curry, Fish in Banana Leaf, Avial, Masala Dosa.
Since you have read the Kori Gassi/ Mangalorean Chicken Curry recipe, and you have the know-how that you need to perform in the kitchen area. Get that apron out, dust off your blending bowls as well as roll up your sleeves. You have some food preparation to do.
If you find this Kori Gassi/ Mangalorean Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.