If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
There are lots of sources of info on cooking. Some information is geared towards seasoned chefs and except the typical individual. It can be perplexing to learn all of the readily available details. Luckily, this Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet recipe is easy to make and will give you some excellent tips. They will certainly work for anyone, even an amateur.
To cook Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet you only need 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet
- Use 1 lb of sweet potatoes peeled and diced into small cubes.
- Provide 3 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped red onion.
- Provide 1 tbsp of minced garlic (3 cloves).
- Prepare 1 can of red or black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 2 tsp of chilli powder, divided.
- Provide 2 tsp of ground cumin, divided.
- Provide 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Use of Salt and ground pepper.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Use 1 of avocado, diced.
- Use of Cilantro(coriander).
Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet step by step
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, saute 3 minutes. Cover and let cook until nearly softened, stirring occasionaly, about 8-10 minutes..
- Add in onion and garlic, saute(uncovered) for 1 minute. Add in red beans, corn, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin, caynne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cook, stirring frequently, until corn is heated through and potatoes are soft, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a large plate..
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with the remaining 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp of cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, turning once halfway through, until chicken is cooked through, about 6-7 minutes..
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and honey. Return sweet potato mixture to skillet, once chicken is cooked through, along with tomatoes and avocado. Add honey-lime mixture and cilantro and toss to coat..
There are couple of hobbies as enjoyable and fulfilling as cooking. Not just can you flex your innovative muscles, you can also offer tasty meals for your family members. Expanding your understanding of cooking is certain to improve your time in the cooking area. Attempting Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet recipe is a remarkable way to do simply that.
If you find this Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.