If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Are you a cooking expert? Perhaps you are simply a kitchen professional? Or like lots of others, you may be a newbie.Whatever the instance may be, practical cooking recommendations can include some fresh ideas to your cooking. Take a while and also discover a couple of points that can splash some brand-new enjoyable right into your kitchen area routine. This Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers recipe maybe a perfect fit for you.
To make Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers you only need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers
- You need of FOR THE CHICKPEA PATTIES:.
- You need to prepare 2 cups of chickpeas or garbanzo beans (washed and drained if canned and cooked till soft after soaking overnight, if using dry beans).
- Provide 1/2 cup of powdered oats.
- You need to prepare 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 of teaspoon, grated ginger.
- You need to prepare 1/2 teaspoon of grated garlic.
- You need to prepare 1 of green chilli or jalapeno, finely chopped.
- Use 1 of medium carrot, grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- Provide 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Use 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of chaat masala powder.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of oil plus more for frying.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- You need of FOR SERVING:.
- Provide of Onions.
- You need slices of Tomato.
- Use leaves of Lettuce.
- Use of Green coriander chutney or use McDonald's type sauce (recipe below in Notes) or ketchup.
- Provide of Toasted burger buns.
Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers instructions
- In a large bowl, coarsely mash the chickpeas with a fork. Keep aside. In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions and green chilies and saute for 2 minutes till soft. Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry again till the raw smell goes, about 1 minute. Stir in the turmeric, garam masala and coriander powders and saute for a minute more..
- Add this to the mashed chickpeas along with the grated carrots, powdered oats, chaat masala, coriander leaves and salt to taste..
- Mix well to combine all the flavors. Make 2 to 3 inch patties depending upon your preference and chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour..
- Just before making the burgers, heat a skillet and add enough oil to shallow fry the patties. Add the patties and fry on each side till crisp and golden brown..
- Place on paper towels to soak the excess oil. Serve warm or cold on a toasted burger bun with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, green coriander chutney, McDonald’s burger sauce (recipe below) and any other fixings you like..
- Note: If you prefer, you can also bake these patties for a healthier version at 350 F for about 10 to 15 minutes. Additional vegetables like peas, beans or even beetroot can be added to the patties..
- RECIPE FOR McDonald's type burger sauce: In a small bowl, blend 1/2 up mayonnaise, 2 to 3 teaspoons tomato ketchup (if you want a spicy sauce, use tomato chilli sauce or Sriracha sauce), 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onions and if you have a bottle of dill pickles, stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons of brine or juice from the bottle. Mix well, and enjoy as a topping for the burgers!.
Since you have checked out the Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers recipe, as well as you have the know-how that you need to execute in the kitchen. Obtain that apron out, dust off your mixing bowls and roll up your sleeves. You have some food preparation to do.
If you find this Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.