If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Every person enjoys the suggestion of sitting down to a scrumptious home-cooked dish, yet with today's busy timetables, it can be more challenging than ever to discover the moment to place one together. The good news is, aid is out there, the Gumbo recipe and advice in this short article will certainly assist you assembled well balanced meals for your family in a surprisingly, short time.
You can cook Gumbo using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Gumbo
- You need to prepare 1 box of Zatarain's gumbo mix with rice.
- Use 6 cups of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 2 of Diced potatoes.
- Use 1 tsp of Parsley flakes.
- Use 2 bags of small, tail-off peeled shrimp (100-150 in each bag).
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken breast.
- You need 1 1/2 of Polish sausage.
- Use 2 cups of crab meat.
- Use 2 cups of frozen okra.
- Use 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of Red crushed peppers.
- Provide 5 of Hardboiled eggs (Optional).
- Use of Seafood seasoning.
Gumbo, an aromatic soup-stew characteristic of the Creole cuisine of Louisiana. shrimp gumboShrimp gumbo over rice. PDPhoto.org. seafood and okra gumboSeafood and okra gumbo. Make gumbo like the real Cajuns do! Gumbo, which originated in southern Louisiana, can be defined as a soup of meat and/or shellfish and rice.
Gumbo step by step
- Add 6 cups of water, 1 cup of chicken broth, eggs, and gumbo mix into a big pot (under low heat).
- After it starts to boil add parsley flakes and bay leaf.
- Make sure to stir frequently to keep your food from sticking.
- Rinse shrimp in cold water for about 5 minutes then sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Add potatoes, crab meat, polish sausage, shrimp, chicken breast, and frozen okra then stir.
- Add red crushed peppers.
- Place a lid on the pot. Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- Enjoy :-).
It is always seasoned with garlic, onions, and ground. New Orleans Gumbo has been called the greatest contribution of Louisiana kitchens to American cuisine. It is the quintessential dish of New Orleans with many versions of it. This New Orleans Gumbo recipe is made with spicy smoked andouille sausage, crab, shrimp I fell in love with seafood gumbo many, many years ago. With it's dark flavorful roux, fresh seafood, smoked.
You do not need to be a professional to prepare a great meal. There are numerous recipes that look tough as well as frustrating, yet remain in fact, rather simple among it is Gumbo recipe. We really hope, this recipe has actually instilled some self-confidence in you for the next time you remain in the cooking area.
If you find this Gumbo recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.