Looking for the perfect Kuku paka - African chicken curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Kuku paka - African chicken curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Lots of people love cooking and believe it makes the perfect relaxing leisure activity. A kitchen that is filled with fresh food that scents scrumptious is certain to make any individual's mood a little bit lighter. It can often appear hard, however, to pinpoint recipes that work for you or recommendations that causes an inevitably effective meal. Perhaps this Kuku paka - African chicken curry recipe is the one you are seeking.
To cook Kuku paka - African chicken curry you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kuku paka - African chicken curry
- You need to prepare 600 g of chicken tight.
- Use 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Use 1 tsp of chilli powder or paprika.
- Provide 2-3 of big green chilli.
- Use 1 tin of coconut milk.
- Prepare Tin of sweet corn (I got mix peas and sweet corn so I use that).
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need to prepare of Some salt.
- You need 1 handful of green beans.
- You need to prepare 1 of red chilli (finely chopped) for garnish.
- You need 1 handful of coriander.
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil.
If you like, you can also use Some recipes add potatoes or hard-boiled eggs to the curry. The potatoes can be cooked ahead, cut into chunks and stirred into the curry toward the end. Variations: For authentic flavor, grill the chicken pieces before stirring them into the simmering sauce. If you like, you can also use boneless, skinless Some recipes add potatoes or hard-boiled eggs to the curry.
Kuku paka - African chicken curry instructions
- Prep your ingredients, if you use chicken tight with bone I would leave the bone in and take chicken skin out..
- Marinate your chicken with garlic, ginger, green chilli, a pinch of salt and turmeric. Leave it for 15-20 min..
- On a griddle pan, high heat, spray some vegetable oil and place chicken on the griddle pan leave them cook about 3-5 min on each side or until chicken nice and golden brown on both side..
- On a saucepan, medium heat, add coconut milk in and wait until coconut milk start boiling, add the rest of curry paste from marinate your chicken and you can add some water on the griddle pan to get those lovely sauce out and pour it in the saucepan too. Add chicken and green beans then sweet corn..
- Add some lemon juice, seasoning with salt and add some coriander. Stir well and turn off the heat.
- Put some finely sliced red chilli on top before serve.
The potatoes can be cooked ahead, cut into chunks and stirred into the curry toward the end. Kuku Paka is a chicken dish with a coconut-based curry and is also called "kuku na nazi". It has Arabic, Indian and African influences. The dish is particularly popular in the East African coast and among the Indian communities living in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Kuku Paka is a spiced chicken and coconut curry dish that is full of exotic flavours.
There are few activities as enjoyable also fulfilling as cooking. Not only can you flex your imaginative muscles, you can likewise supply delicious dishes for your family members. Increasing your expertise of cooking is particular to improve your time in the kitchen area. Attempting Kuku paka - African chicken curry recipe is a terrific means to do simply that.
If you find this Kuku paka - African chicken curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.