If you're looking for Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Are you a cooking guru? Maybe you are just a kitchen veteran? Or like numerous others, you might be an amateur.Whatever the situation might be, handy cooking recommendations can add some fresh ideas to your cooking. Take a while and learn a couple of things that can sprinkle some brand-new fun into your kitchen routine. This Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet recipe maybe a perfect fit for you.
To make Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet you only need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet
- You need to prepare 500 grams of vermicelli, 1 pack (preferably the fine long type).
- Use 6 tbsp. of butter or ghee + 2 large tbsp. of corn oil.
- You need to prepare 3/4-1 cup of sugar (according to preference).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of saffron threads.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of rose water.
- Use 1 of small onion finely chopped (optional).
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need to prepare 1 pinch of Salt and Pepper.
- Use of Boiling water.
Balaleet is a sweetened vermicelli dish topped off with a slightly salted omelette, laced with some saffron. You cook the vermicelli till el dente, and toss it up in some sweetened melted butter. You make omelette as per your like - normally with just a dash of salt and a sprinkle of saffron and spread. Emirati Balaleet - Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet.
Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet step by step
- Soak the saffron threads in rose water as these strands require moisture to release their flavor and magic qualities. You can add some extra ground cardamom to the mix as well to enhance flavors. Set aside to use later. In a deep pot, heat 3 tbls. of butter + 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add vermicelli and keep stirring till it turns into a mixture of light and dark golden vermicelli at the same time..
- Add boiling water, enough to barely soak the fried vermicelli, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes maximum (al dente). This step is critical since over cooking it could result with very soft and mushy vermicelli. Strain cooked vermicelli using a colander, place the same deep pot you used earlier over medium heat and add the remainder of butter and oil..
- Add the finely chopped onion with a pinch of ground cardamom and stir till it turns translucent; this insures that the flavor of raw onions is gone and they have broken down enough for their flavor to permeate the dish without overpowering it. Adding onions is optional, but it gives a wonderful kick to this recipe and I strongly advise adding it. After the onions turn translucent, add strained vermicelli, sugar, ground cardamom and the rosewater and saffron mix you prepared earlier..
- Mix by folding gently to prevent breaking or mushing the cooked vermicelli. Make sure the sugar dissolves and the flavors are distributed evenly. Cover the pot and let it simmer over low heat for 20 minutes until the vermicelli is entirely cooked by steam..
- During the last ten minutes of the cooking process, place a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat with a little bit of butter. Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour one third of the egg mix into the frying pan to cook a thin omelet, ensuring it’s cooked on both sides. Or use a large sized frying pan to make 1 large and thin omelet..
- It depends on the size of your serving dish as the vermicelli in this recipe is usually topped with a thin omelet. You can add a pinch of ground cardamom to the eggs if you wish..
- When the vermicelli is cooked it’s time to assemble the Emirati Blaleet. In a wide serving dish, add the cooked vermicelli and top with large and thin omelet. Or assemble it using smaller serving plates with smaller thin omelets. The authentic recipe calls for folding the omelet in half making it easier to scoop from..
- Scoop the desired quantity of vermicelli and cut off a part of the omelet to eat it with. Serve hot along with tea, ginger milk or Arabic coffee. Balaleet is also very tasty when served at room temperature..
Balaleet is a delicious salty and sweet breakfast dish that is enjoyed on a regular basis in UAE and common to all Gulf countries. Emirati Balaleet - Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet ArabicFlavour. Фото со стока - Balaleet - Sweet Vermicelli and Eggs. traditional breakfast in the United Arab Emirates How to make Balaleet. Balaleet is dish of contrasting flavours combining both sweet and salty elements. The vermicelli is sweet with a beautiful hint of cardamom, topped with wafer thing egg pancakes. A bite of sweetness and a crispy salty egg pancake is what.
Food preparation is a type of art and it requires time and technique to equal experience and also expertise in the field. There are lots of forms of food preparation and likewise several kinds of food from different cultures. Use what you've seen from Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet recipe it will certainly help you in your cooking endeavors.
If you find this Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.