If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Are you a cooking guru? Possibly you are just a kitchen area expert? Or like lots of others, you may be a newbie.Whatever the situation might be, handy cooking recommendations can include some fresh ideas to your cooking. Take some time as well as discover a few things that can splash some brand-new fun right into your kitchen area routine. This Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting recipe maybe a perfect fit for you.
You can cook Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting
- You need 397 gram of all-purpose flour.
- Use 397 gram of granulated sugar.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Use 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Use 2 of large eggs at room temperature.
- You need to prepare 114 gram of cooking oil.
- You need to prepare 227 gram of buttermilk at room temperatur.
- Provide 150 ml of Curd.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need to prepare 170 gram of salted butter (add 1 tsp salt if the butter is unsalted).
- Use 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tbsp of super red food colour (some people use beat root pulp).
- You need to prepare of For frosting.
- You need to prepare 500 ml of whipping cream.
- Use 1/2 cup of Chocolate chips.
In fact, the original red velvet cake got its name because the buttermilk and the vinegar naturally bring out the red undertones in the cocoa powder, giving the How to make a red velvet layer cake with cream cheese frosting. This classic red velvet layer cake recipe is moist, tender, and delicious! It's frosted with the best cream cheese frosting, and is irresistable! I made an oreo red velvet cake based on my vanilla layer cake recipe, which was good.
Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting step by step
- Melt butter. Ensure that the butter is melted, but not hot when using it. Sift four, cocoa powder and baking Powder together. Add sugar and combine. Shift it to a cake mixing bowl. Keep aside..
- Combine butter, eggs, oil, vinegar, buttermilk, vanilla and food colour. Whisk lightly till it all gets well combined..
- Add the wet mixure to the dry mixure. Run a whisk in it till everything is combined Well and the batter looks smooth and fluffy. Apply oil in the cake tin. Pour the batter in it till half or 3/4 the most. Bake in the oven preheated at 180c. for 35-40 min..
- Check if the cake is ready by piercing a knife or a toothpick right through at the middle. It would come out clean. The sides also saperate from the tin when ready. Let the tin rest aside for about 20 min. Then run a knife around the edges of the cake to separate it from the tin incase it's stick somewhere. place it upside down on a rake. You may place a wet cloth on the top of it to cool the cake faster. The cake will drop down on the rake..
- Let the cake cool down completely before icing. I prefer to ice the cake on the next day. Chill the bowl and the cream in freezer for about 1-2 hours (not more). Whip the cream in the chilled bowl starting with slow speed and gradually increasing it. Always use an electric machine as it takes about 15 min to whip it..
- Whip till you reach stiff pick or till the cream is stiff enough not to fall out of bowl when you turn it upside down..
- Place the cake on a levelled surface and gently cut out the doom and make it levelled at the top. Keep the crumbs aside for decoration. Then cut in the middle horizontally so as to get two circles. Place a piece on the cake board. Cover it all around with icing. Sprinkle some choco chips. Place another piece on the top and cover up the entire cake with icing. Smoothen the icing..
- Put the cake crumbs in the middle of the cake. Fill in the piping in the icing bag and fix a big star nozzle. Make a pattern around the edge of the cake using a piping bag. Put a choco chip on each pattern. Stick some crumbs on the sides of the cake. And our cake is ready ! 😍.
- Tips : 1. You may bake two pieces of cake if you do not wish to cut the cake in the middle for icing. 2. Ensure that you use the right size of the cake tin. If the cake tin is too dip so as to fill in the batter till 1/4 only, the cake is likely to break while taking it out of the tin. I made that mistake and my cakes broke ! 3. Chill the cream and the bowl before whipping, but do not chill till the cream is frozen or else it will be of no use for icing even if you bring it's temperature down..
- 4. Chocolate chips gives an extra punch to the cake. Do not skip it. 5. It's important to whip the cream till stiff pick to keep the icing intact. Otherwise the icing will keep melting. Piping will also not be easy with softer cream as it will not hold it's shape. 6. Refrigerate the cake once iced..
- You may also make cupcakes using the same batter. Bake cupcake for 20-25 min. Frost them once they cool down. Sprinkle some cake crumbs for decoration..
It had great structure, tasted great, but the texture was the same. Red velvet cake is a classic American dessert, but it's becoming more and more popular outside of the US, and for I use a classic cream cheese frosting for this red velvet cake. If you can't find block cream cheese, you can use another frosting such as vanilla buttercream or whipped cream frosting. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. My trick is to whip the egg whites, which guarantees a smooth velvet crumb.
Every person wishes to be a far better chef. Everybody wants to experiment with enjoyable recipes. Finding the moment and also feeling the motivation to be creative in the kitchen can sometimes posture a difficulty though. We really hope these Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting recipe can bring the magic to your kitchen. Provide a couple of these concepts a shot tonight, your taste buds will thanks!
If you find this Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.