Looking for the perfect smothered chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best smothered chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
There are numerous sources of information on cooking. Some info is tailored towards seasoned chefs and except the typical individual. It can be confusing to wade through every one of the offered information. Thankfully, this smothered chicken recipe is easy to make and will give you some excellent pointers. They will certainly benefit anyone, also an amateur.
To cook smothered chicken you only need 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of smothered chicken
- You need 4 of chicken boneless chicken breasts.
- You need to prepare 1 small of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mushrooms.
- Use 6 cup of chicken stock.
- Use 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- Use 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 1 tsp of horse radish.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Use 1/2 of pack chopped bacon.
- You need 1 pinch of of sugar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of french fried onions.
The chicken was juicy and the. Try my Smothered Chicken and Gravy recipe! Don't forget the rice or mashed potatoes! I only used boneless, skinless chicken because that's all I had.
smothered chicken instructions
- Turn slow cooker on low.
- Place 4 chicken breast in slow cooker. Add chicken stock, onion cayenne pepper, garlic powder, 1 can of cream of mushroom, salt and pepper and sliced mushrooms.
- In small frying pan cook half a pack of chopped bacon.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove some slow cooker and add to glass baking dish. Place to cup of broth from slow cooker and pour over chicken breasts. Add horse radish and mayo and a pinch of sugar to a bowl and mix well. Apply a thin coat on top of each chicken breast. Then top chicken breast with shredded cheddar cheese bacon green onions and French fried onions. Bake at 350 until French fried onions are brown and cheese is melted. Enjoy.
Tender chicken smothered in a creamy homemade onion and garlic gravy. Whenever I make Southern Smothered Chicken, it reminds me of my childhood- when I lived in the 'hood. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the chicken and sear both sides until browned. Transfer to a plate and set..
Every person wishes to be a far better chef. Every person intends to try out fun recipes. Finding the moment and also feeling the inspiration to be innovative in the kitchen area can in some cases posture an obstacle though. We really hope these smothered chicken recipe can bring the magic to your kitchen area. Give a couple of these suggestions a try tonight, your taste will thanks!
If you find this smothered chicken recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.