If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hot N Sour Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Once you understand the fundamentals of cooking, it can be such a freeing and awarding experience to create a merely tasty dish or baked product. The smells in your home as well as the faces of the people that you share it with are invaluable. We hope this Hot N Sour Soup dish will give you some suggestion for you to end up being a remarkable chef.
To cook Hot N Sour Soup you only need 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Hot N Sour Soup
- Prepare of Meat and Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil (not olive oil).
- Use 4 oz of Chicken or pork, thinly sliced (cooked or raw, optional).
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped mushroom, fresh.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of carrot, julienned or sliced thin.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage (optional).
- Use 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Provide 1 each of Thai pepper, whole or chopped (optional).
- You need to prepare 1 of or.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need of Broth.
- You need 5 cup of chicken stock or broth.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need to prepare 3 tbsp of vinegar such as apple cider, white, or rice.
- You need 4 oz of extra firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces..
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Provide 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of Finishes.
- You need 2 each of eggs, beaten.
- Use 1/2 tsp of white pepper (optional).
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of sesame oil (use a quality brand).
- You need 2 each of green onion, fresh, sliced.
In all cases, the soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour. Hot and sour soup recipe with step by step photos. This is a spicy, sour and hot vegetable soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine. Come winters and we really look forward to having hot bowl of soups in the season, even though we are not much of soup lovers.
Hot N Sour Soup instructions
- Meat and Vegetables: Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on high heat. Note: olive oil has a much lower smoke point than other oils. Not recomended. Note: if using cooked meat, skip to step 2. Add meat if raw. Cook and stir for about 5 min or until mostly done..
- Note: If you want to reduce the heat, wait to add thai pepper or red pepper flakes until step 7. Add mushroom, carrot, cabbage, and Thai pepper or red pepper flakes. Cook for another 5 min or until carrots are softened slightly..
- If using cooked meat, add now. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir until the mixture is coated with the soy sauce..
- Add chicken broth or stock..
- Note: Read this step completely before doing it. Add remaining soy sauce and vinegar, one tbs at a time, alternating between soy sauce and vinegar. Taste after each tablespoon addition to ensure that the flavor is to your liking. It should have a balanced flavor between salty and sour (you should be able to taste both equally). Adjust as necessary by adding more or less soy sauce or vinegar..
- Combine cornstarch and water in a separate bowl or cup..
- Add tofu and cornstarch/water mixture. If you haven't aready, add the Thai pepper or red pepper flakes now for less heat..
- Bring to a full boil. The broth will thicken slightly..
- Critical step: After it reaches a boil, remove from heat for about 30 seconds. While stirring slowly, slowly drizzle the beaten eggs into the soup. Note: if the broth is too hot, the eggs will overcook and disintegrate, making a milky broth instead of long ribbons like it's supposed to. Don't worry, it still makes a tasty soup, although the presentation won't be as great..
- Keep the heat off, but finish the soup by adding the sesame oil and white pepper. Stir to blend..
- Provide sliced green onion for garnish. Serve..
Chinese Hot and Sour soup broth is made with chicken stock which is flavoured with typical Asian ingredients such as soy sauce, sugar, pepper and ginger. The sourness comes from plain white vinegar. Some recipes use Chinese black vinegar or rice vinegar, but I honestly think white vinegar. I love hot n sour soup but I really didn't like this recipe. The soup seemed to have a dirt taste to it.
Since you have checked out the Hot N Sour Soup recipe, as well as you have the knowledge that you require to carry out in the kitchen. Get that apron out, dust off your mixing bowls and roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this Hot N Sour Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.