Looking for the perfect Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Once you recognize the basics of cooking, it can be such a releasing and awarding experience to produce a simply tasty meal or baked product. The scents in your home as well as the faces of the people that you share it with are invaluable. We hope this Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad recipe will certainly offer you some idea for you to become a phenomenal chef.
You can cook Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad using 27 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad
- Provide 1/2 Cup of Thai Basil [+ reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 5 of Whole Thai Chilies [stems removed - diced].
- Use 1/2 Cup of Fresh Diakon Radishes [chopped].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Dried Shrimp.
- You need to prepare 3/4 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [grated].
- Use 1/2 Cup of Fresh Jalapeños [seeds removed].
- Use 2 of LG Firm Cucumbers [seeds removed + 1 tbsp Sea Salt].
- You need to prepare 4 of LG Fresh Garlic Cloves [smashed - fine chop].
- You need to prepare 1 of Heaping Cup Fresh Bean Sprouts.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Purple Onions [sliced].
- Provide 1 tsp of Lemon Grass [fine minced].
- You need to prepare 1/3 Cup of Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole - blanched].
- You need to prepare 1 Cup of Oyster Mushrooms [chopped].
- Provide 1/2 Cup of Bell Peppers [any color - chopped].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Shredded Carrots [not pictured - I was out].
- Provide 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cabbage [not pictured - I was out].
- Use of for the sauce.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce.
- Provide 1/2-1 tsp of Soy Sauce [your choice - to taste].
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Siracha Chile Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Toasted Sesame Seeds [+ reserves for garnish].
Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A simple, healthy Thai shrimp salad with an authentic sour-savory-spicy-sweet combination of fresh lime juice, fish sauce and chili paste, showered with fresh herbs and crunchy roasted peanuts. Summer is almost done but we are officially in the middle of a heat wave. You know those shots in movies of a.
Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad instructions
- Peel your cucumbers, cut off ends and slice in half. Scrape seeds out with a spoon..
- Cut cucumbers into 1" pieces..
- Place cucumbers into a strainer and add 1 tbsp salt to them. Mix well and let set for 30 minutes to drain..
- In the meantime, split jalapeños and remove seeds with spoon..
- Fine dice jalapeños. Add to bowl. Wear gloves!.
- Smash and fine dice garlic cloves. Add to bowl..
- Add your rinsed sprouts to bowl. Left whole..
- Dice your Thai Chilies. Add to bowl. Wear gloves!.
- Peel your Diakon Radish..
- Chop and add radishes to bowl..
- Peel one end of your fresh ginger and grate. Add to bowl..
- Add your Lemon Grass to bowl..
- Add your Dried Shrimp to bowl..
- Gently wipe clean your Oyster Mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Do not rinse as they will absorb all of that water..
- Chop your Water Chestnuts and add to bowl..
- Rough chop mushrooms. Add to bowl..
- Slice your purple onions and add to bowl..
- Pick fresh leaves from Thai Basil stems..
- Rough chop and add to bowl..
- Pull your fresh cilantro leaves and add to bowl..
- Rinse your cucumbers and dab dry with a paper towel. Add to bowl..
- Mix salad gently but well. Then, refrigerate..
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add your snap peas. You'll need to blanche these to soften them up a bit and kill any bacteria. Blanche for 2 minutes even..
- Have a bowl of ice water ready to immediately submerge them into to stop the cooking process. Allow them to chill fully..
- In the meantime - make your sauce..
- In a small pot add everything in the sauce section. Bring to a simmer until sugar has dissolved. This may seem like it's not enough to coat your vegetable mixture - I assure you it is. Allow sauce to completely cool. You don't want your vegetables going limp..
- Add snap peas to your refrigerated mixture..
- Add cooled sauce mixture to your bowl. Gently mix well. Place back in fridge and allow it to absorb all flavors for 30 minutes minimum. Then, place in a decorative bowl. Allow dish to chill 10 minutes longer in fridge so your dried shrimp can plump a bit..
- Garnish dish with Thai Basil and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges, soy sauce, Garlic Siracha, chopsticks and Asian spoons..
- Serve with a quality Sake. Enjoy!.
Shrimp, bell pepper, cucumber and herbs are tossed with a spicy Thai dressing in this colorful salad. Served in Bibb lettuce cups, it's perfect for lunch, a light supper or as an appetizer. Spicy, refreshing, and easy and quick beyond belief to make! Buy your shrimp already cooked from the market and you won't have to cook a thing! Put lettuce in salad bowls, and arrange shrimp on top.
There is constantly something brand-new to discover when it involves cooking as well as every cook's skill-set is open to renovation. This Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad recipe is simply a few recipe suggestions to assist enhance your cook's efficiency. There are many more excellent recipes out there as well as great cooks keep seeking them throughout their lives. Continuous discovering is the key to ever-improving cooking abilities.
If you find this Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.