If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
As soon as you comprehend the basics of cooking, it can be such a freeing and rewarding experience to create a just scrumptious dish or baked thing. The smells in your home and also the faces of the people that you share it with are priceless. We wish this Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe will certainly offer you some concept for you to end up being a phenomenal cook.
To cook Filipino Chicken Adobo you only need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Use 1 of kilo chicken cut into pieces.
- You need 1 head of garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced.
- Use 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Use 4 pieces of bay leaves.
- Use 1/2 tablespoon of peppercorn.
- You need 1/2 cup of white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too).
- You need to prepare 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Use 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare of Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter.
Filipino Chicken Adobo step by step
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes..
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later..
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated..
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!.
Cooking is a type of art and also it takes some time as well as technique to equal experience and know-how in the field. There are several forms of cooking and likewise many different types of food from different cultures. Apply what you have actually seen from Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe it will certainly help you in your cooking undertakings.
If you find this Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.