Many individuals love cooking and believe it makes the excellent relaxing leisure activity. A kitchen that is filled with fresh food that smells delicious is certain to make anyone's state of mind a little bit lighter. It can sometimes seem challenging, though, to pinpoint recipes that work for you or guidance that causes an eventually successful dish. Maybe this Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze recipe is the one you are trying to find.
If you are cooking for somebody essential, such as a new boss or for a dinner party, do not use a new dish and a brand-new active ingredient. Make sure you exercise the recipe first for your very own household. Experiment with it to make certain it is just how you want it.
To make Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze you only need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze:
- Provide 1 medium onion, minced.
- Use 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 zucchini, cored and finely chopped.
- You need 2 celery sticks, finely chopped.
- You need 1 pinky-sized nub ginger, peeled and freshly grated.
- You need to prepare 2 tsp Maggi seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 cup milk.
- Use 5 slices plain white bread.
- You need to prepare 3/4 lb lean ground beef.
- Use 3/4 lb lean ground pork.
- Provide 1 large egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp soy sauce.
- Provide 3/4 cup ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce.
- Provide 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp brown sugar.
Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze step by step :
- Put a good splash of olive oil into a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and let cook for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the veg to the pan along with the ginger, Maggi, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Let cook until the veg starts to caramelize (about 5 minutes). Take the pan off the heat and let cool to room temperature. While waiting, preheat your oven to 375 F..
- In a bowl, add the milk to 3 slices of bread. Use your hands to work them, tearing the slices apart as you go. You should end up with barely moist bits of bread..
- Add the bread to a large mixing bowl along with the cooled veg, both meats, egg and soy sauce. Add a couple of grinds of black pepper, then knead everything together. Be careful not to overmix, or you'll end up with tough meat. You just want to combine the ingredients..
- Lay the remaining 2 slices of bread at the bottom of a 6 x 8 loaf pan (they'll serve as sponges to soak up excess oil). Pour the meat mixture into the pan and gently spread it out until it's even. Push the meat into the pan slightly but fight the urge to really pack it down..
- Add the ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to a small pot on medium-low heat. Warm through while whisking until the sugar just melts. Use half of the sauce to glaze the top of the meat, then put the loaf in the oven. Let bake for 30 minutes..
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the loaf. Turn the heat up to 400 F and let bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the loaf reaches 155 F. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving. Don't forget to remove the 2 pieces of bread from the bottom..
Since you have checked out the Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze recipe, as well as you have the know-how that you require to perform in the cooking area. Obtain that apron out, dust off your mixing bowls and roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze recipe useful please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.