Whether you are a college student simply beginning your own cooking experiments or a skilled cook with numerous dinner events under your belt, there is constantly something new to learn about cooking. We hope these Mike's Turkey Pot Pies recipe and tips can help you in your kitchen area tonight, as well as get used to amazing home-cooked meals.
In order to make the process of cooking much easier, you ought to take to time to make big amounts of meat or veggie supply and also shop it in the freezer. Not just is making your very own stock cheaper than buying it from a seller, yet it makes it very easy to maintain a large supply on hand. Just freeze the stock in little and plainly labeled portions and after that take out what you need when you need it!
You can cook Mike's Turkey Pot Pies using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Mike's Turkey Pot Pies:
- You need to prepare 1 LG Can Pillsbury Grand Biscuits.
- You need 1 Can (11 oz) Campbell's Cream Of Chicken Soup.
- Use 1 Can (11 oz) Campbell's Cream Of Mushroom Soup.
- You need 3 Cups Precooked Shredded Turkey Meat.
- Provide 1/2 Cup Half & Half.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup Minced White Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Diced Celery [with leaves].
- You need 1 LG Diced Potato [peeled].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Diced Carrots.
- You need 2/3 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheese.
- Provide 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Bay Leaves.
- Provide 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Powdered Chicken Bouillon [optional - add last after tasting].
- Provide 1 Can (14 oz) Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 4 oz Green Beans.
- Provide 4 oz Corn.
- Use 4 oz Peas.
- Provide 2 tablespoons Butter.
- You need Fresh Parsley [garnish].
- You need to prepare 1 Pan.
- You need 1 Pot.
- Use 1 Oven Safe Bowl.
Mike's Turkey Pot Pies step by step :
- Preheat your oven as per manufactures directions for your biscuits. Usually 350°..
- Small chop your vegetables..
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a frying pan. Add your celery and onions and sauté until translucent. About 3 to 4 minutes..
- In a seperate pot, whisk your cans of soup and half and half. Then, add your dried seasonings, cheddar cheese, soft canned vegetables and precooked shredded turkey. Heat until hot and cheese has fully melted..
- Add your potatoes and carrots [carrots not pictured - picky eaters today] to your onions and celery and add your 16 ozs chicken broth to pan. Salt and pepper to taste but be careful with the salt. Condensed soups carry a lot of sodium. Cover with a tight fitting lid and allow potatoes and carrots to simmer until soft. About 10 to 12 minutes. Check fluids regularly and stir occasionally. Add water if your broth dissipates too quickly. Once potatoes and carrots have softened - allow the fluid to completely dissipate..
- Add your vegetables to the pot. Mix well. If you'd like to thicken your mixture, just add 2 tablespoons Corn Starch to 1 tablespoon water and slowly add to your simmering pot..
- Place your bubbling mixture in a large oven safe bowl. Or, you can create mini individual pot pies. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Authors Note: Stuffing at the base of this dish is always appreciated by hungry kids!.
- Place your Grands Biscuits on top of mixture but don't pack them together too tightly. Your mixture will need some room to bubble up. There's also a chance this dish will simmer over so put some tinfoil underneath as a precaution..
- Bake as per manufactures directions or, until biscuits have risen and browned..
Since you have reviewed the Mike's Turkey Pot Pies recipe, and you have the knowledge that you require to perform in the cooking area. Get that apron out, dust off your blending bowls and also roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this Mike's Turkey Pot Pies recipe helpful please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.