Whether you are a college student simply starting your own culinary experiments or a seasoned chef with several supper events under your belt, there is constantly something new to find out about cooking. We hope these Sheree's Beef Pot Pie recipe and tips can help you in your kitchen tonight, as well as get used to incredible home-cooked meals.
You can eliminate the garlic smell from your hands by rubbing them for thirty secs on your stainless-steel oven prior to washing them. Garlic adds a fascinating flavor to numerous recipes, yet the unmistakable smell can linger on your hands. Utilizing this idea, you can appreciate your supper without your hands scenting strongly of garlic.
To cook Sheree's Beef Pot Pie you only need 24 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Sheree's Beef Pot Pie:
- You need to prepare 1 lb lean ground beef.
- Use 1 can 15 oz crushed or diced tomatoes.
- Provide 1 envelope dry onion soup mix OR brown gravy mix.
- Use 1 cup frozen corn.
- Provide 1 cup green beans OR peas and carrot mix.
- You need 2 medium potatoes... diced into small cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup minced onion... (1/2 medium onion).
- Provide 2 clove minced garlic.
- Provide 1/2 tsp ground thyme.
- You need 1 tsp sugar.
- Provide 1/4 tsp salt.
- You need 1/3 tsp ground black pepper.
- You need to prepare 1 can 12 oz beef gravy.... may come in a jar..... can use brown gravy envelopes.
- Use bought crust.
- You need to prepare 2 deep dish pie crust.
- Provide 1 box roll out pie crust (for tops).
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup milk.
- You need to prepare homemade pie crust.
- You need 4 cup all-purpose flour.
- You need 2/3 tsp salt.
- Use 2 stick soft unsalted butter (room temp).
- Provide 1/4 cup cold water... you may not need the entire 1/4 cup.... add a little at a time.
- Provide 2/3 tsp powdered garlic OR onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup milk.
Sheree's Beef Pot Pie step by step :
- I make my own crusts... Because sugary crust are for desserts but they are not good for meat pies. The crust can be made and either the dough frozen.... OR.... The pie crust can be rolled out and put in a disposable aluminum pie pan... I place the pie pans on a cookie sheet until frozen. Place was paper between them and slide into a 2 gallon freezer bag.. That way they are ready whenever you need them..
- THE RECIPE FOR PIE CRUST CAN BE FOUND ON MY PROFILE. I'm not going to repost instructions...
- Begin brown your ground beef. Add onion, pepper, garlic, salt... When the ground beef is almost done add diced potatoes (you just want them to start getting soft..
- Preheat oven at 350°..
- Drain hamburger and potato mix to get rid of the extra oil..
- Add veggies ( you can add other veggies.. We just like these).
- Add soup mix.... IF YOU DONT HAVE DRY SOUP MIX...there is a recipe for PAN GRAVY on my profile. You will not need the jar of gravy if you make this...
- Add the can of tomatoes.... Add thyme... Add the jar of beef gravy... UNLESS YOU ARE MAKING GRAVY...mix well...
- Pour 1/2 mixture in each pie crust..(enough to make 2 pies. There should be approx 1" from the top of crust..
- Place top crust on pie and go around the edges and press down with the tongs of a fork..
- I use an old paint brush... But paint the top of the pies with milk.... This will help it turn gold... You can also use a egg/ milk wash..
- Put pies on a cookie sheet in case they bubble over. Cut vents to allow steam to escape on top of each pie. 4 should be plenty.... I sometime cut a smiley face on them..
- Let cook at 350° for 1 hr. It should be bubbly and golden...
- ****because the dry soup have sodium.... If you are salt sensitive do not add extra salt... Hugs!!!.
- Take out of oven and allow to sit 30 minutes before cutting.
There are couple of hobbies as satisfying also rewarding as cooking. Not just can you bend your innovative muscles, you can additionally provide tasty meals for your family. Broadening your expertise of cooking is certain to improve your time in the kitchen. Trying Sheree's Beef Pot Pie recipe is a fantastic method to do just that.
If you find this Sheree's Beef Pot Pie recipe useful please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.